As long as im welcome

I want to give a huge thanks to Lucus_Lynne  on A03 he helped me edit my first fanfic and im very grateful please go check him out.

                          Enjoy

You and Gavin have been dating for a few months. Every day with him was amazing, but you still had this one concern that bothered you more than you let on. "Hey, babe? Can you come here for a second? I need to talk to you about something." You called out to him, hoping he would hear you from across the house you two shared.

"Of course. Be right there, Deviant," he replied with a note of worry in his voice. 

You were sitting on the couch when he walked into the living room wearing gray sweats and a black tank top. There were still days when you couldn't believe that you had managed to end up with such an unbelievably attractive man. And yet, there he was. However, instead of his usual confidence (something most people mistook for arrogance), his furrowed brows and down-turned lips showed his worry.

His eyes met yours for a brief moment, scanning yours for something. He walked over and sat on the other side of the couch, creating an awkward distance between you two in a shared, awkward and anxious silence. "What did you want to talk about?" His voice almost wavered, and concern began to outweigh your own anxiety in the situation.

"You don't have to sit on the other side of the couch. I didn't mean for this to worry you so much."

"Deviant, I'm an Incubus, remember? I can sense your full range of emotions, and right now, you are the embodiment of anxious energy, specifically the type of energy that leads to Big Bad Talks, especially break-ups. Believe me, I've been through a few. Recently, every time I'm around you, the anxieties just get worse. What's going on?"

Your eyes widened. "Oh, god, no! No, I don't wanna break up with you. That's not what this is." Gavin's face relaxed somewhat at the reassurance. You took a steadying breath. Looking back up, you noticed how his eyes almost glowed in the dim light of your apartment. They were always so beautiful. You thought that you could stare at them for hours. That is if he would ever let you without teasing the hell out of you first. But you clenched your first. Stay on task. Get to the point. 

"I can't stop thinking about how I'm human, Gavin, and you're not. You're far from it. So one day, I'm gonna die, and you'll still be here, alive, happy, looking as hot as ever." You let out a strained laugh at the weak attempt to lighten the mood. "I just don't want you to have to go through the embarrassment of dating me while I get old." You noticed the tears rolling down your face onto your shirt, but you didn't care. The emotions had been held back for long enough. You needed him to know the truth.

Gavin's face held new emotions, a mix of sadness, fear, and concern in his expression. "Freelancer, you are the only person that has ever been able to make me feel something more. Something so much deeper and more real than a quick fling. I get my energy from others, and they've helped keep me alive, but you are the reason I want to be alive. You're the reason that I enjoy living. While I'd give anything to keep you into infinity and beyond, I wouldn't want you any different than who you are right now. I don't care how you change as you grow old. I'll be with you as long as I'm welcome."

You felt as though the weight of the world have been lifted off your shoulders. Gavin's own tears had begun to fall while he spoke, but there was a passion and determination and fervor in them. The space between you two on the couch diminished as he leaned in to give you a much-needed kiss. Being able to feel him close in that moment, in every moment before, and in every moment to come made your life sweeter. 

After a few seconds, you pulled away and looked into his eyes again. His bad feelings from earlier were gone, and you leaned your forehead against his. The silence was no longer anxious. Just a simple quiet between two lovers. 

"Deviant?" His voice was soft, his breath a feather-light touch on your face,

"Yes, baby?'

"Do you want to rest your head on my lap?"

"As if you need to ask." You both smiled before you maneuvered into a familiar and comforting position. As soon as you got all snuggled up in his lap, you heard a soft 'I love you' fall from his lips. His eyes gently closed while he ran his fingers through your hair. He paid extra attention to the spots behind your ears, sensitive and relaxing. 

"I love you too, Gavin."

"Good night, Freelancer." Before you knew it, you were both fast asleep.

   (This is pt1 out of 10 fluff/angst one shots)