The Assassin And His Strict Piano Dad

Soi: Iruma, you took piano lessons with Kalego before being asked to be the pianist, right?

Iruma: H-How do you know that?

Soi: I followed you when you went to the Chairdemon's office, on the day Clara fell in the hole.

Iruma: O-Oh really?

Soi: So if Kerori assigned use to Kalego and you agreed to it as a good recommendation, you should tell me right now how Kalego is gonna train us. I'd rather know now than be straight faced shocked later.

Iruma: Strict.

Soi: Yes, but how strict.

Iruma: Well...

[Flashback]

Kalego: Iruma! You're playing that all wrong! Start over!

Iruma: Y-Yes sir!

Kalego: Off beat! Again!

Iruma: Umm...

Kalego: I won't stop until you get this lesson in your head, is that understood. You asked for this, you get everything that's coming to you.

[End of Flashback]

Iruma: ...Let's just say we have to learn quick or else we'll be stuck all night just for him to teach us.

Soi: From experience?

Iruma: From experience.

(Iruma and Soi walk in with Kalego already there playing the piano version of "Bye Bye Yesterday")

Iruma: Isn't that melody-?

[Flashback from a few days after Chapter 8's events, Kalego was with Iruma for piano lessons]

Kalego: Iruma, has your classmates decided on your theme for the Music Festival?

Iruma: No... we're kind of stuck.

Kalego: Figures.

Iruma: Say Professor Kalego, is it alright if I can get a free play once in a while, to help with stress?

Kalego: Free play?

Iruma: It's when you play a instrument for fun and relief.

Kalego: Is that something humans say?

Iruma: No, it's only me. I use to learn from Professor Bitch.

Kalego: About that, is her name actually called "Bitch"?

Iruma: No no, it was a nickname my former class gave her, since her last name Jelavic sounds like Bitch and it sorta stuck with us.

Kalego: What song do you play with her?

Iruma: Oh, you wanna hear one?

Kalego: Well, you said you wanted a free play, and this is one of the few chances I'll allow this.

Iruma: Okay, then I'll play one of my favorites. It's not a song she taught me, it's more I searched it up on my own and self taught myself.

(Iruma plays piano version of "Bye Bye Yesterday")

Kalego: (Soft, light yet oddly sad. A melody from the human world, way different feeling than most musical pieces.)

(Iruma finishes playing)

[Endo of Flashback]

(Kalego finishes playing the same time when the flashback ends)

Kalego: You both are here. Your classmates told me everything. I will so no mercy with your learning, as it should be.

Iruma & Soi: (Ah f*ck.)

--

[Timeskip after the music festival and during the after party where all the students are distracted while Iruma and Kalego have a chat]

Iruma: Everyone is really having fun.

Kalego: As long as they don't overdue it then it's not my problem.

Iruma: Of course.

(Kalego pats Iruma's head with his hand)

Iruma: Ah.

Kalego: Look for a 1st year to be ranked He is ridiculously rare, understand now how much weight you carry with that responsibly to set a example. And also...

Iruma: And also?

Kalego: (*sighs*) I'm very proud of you of today's performance, your lessons really paid off, as it should be. I'll help with any problems that should arise. It is a father's job, after all to keep you safe.

Iruma: A... father's job?

Kalego: (Ah! Son of a-! F*ck! Did I actually just say that?!)

(Iruma's eyes start to sparkle a bit in hopefulness)

Iruma: You actually think of me... as you son?

Kalego: (Ah no! Ah shit! God dammit!)

Kalego: W-Well I... I ummm (*sighs*)... If I say yes, will you not tell your classmates. I... I won't hear the end of it otherwise.

(Iruma smiles and is very happy)

Iruma: Of course. Thank you, Processor Kalego. I'm honestly happy you think of me like cause... Well to tell you the truth I... I sorta saw you as a father for a while now...

(Kalego looks at Iruma in surprise)

Kalego: For... how long?

Iruma: S-Since the moment you accepted me taking piano lessons from you...

Kalego: (Really, that long? The old man is never gonna let me live this down is he...? Well he doesn't have to know and... maybe being a father figure won't be so bad...)

To Be Continued...