𝐈𝐈 | sleepover scares

0:18 ───────────── 5:00

    ↻ ◃◁ II ▷▹ ↺

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

chapter two
SLEEPOVER SCARES

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

RICHIE HAD NOT BEEN CONVINCED BY EDDIE'S ANSWER, but he decided not to push it owing to the fact that Eddie could get pretty defensive sometimes. Still, he could not help but feel there was something Eddie wasn't telling him - something that was evidently bothering him.

Richie observed how Eddie slouched slightly when nobody was looking and how his eyes went droopy every now and then, as if they weren't raw and red to begin with already. If Richie didn't know any better, he'd think Eddie was having trouble staying awake.

Ever since his younger brother Georgie's death, Bill's parents had become slightly distant towards him, and at this point, they didn't quite at all care who was in the house and who wasn't, making Bill's house by far the safest to have a sleepover at.

All seven losers soon crowded onto the couch in Bill's living room, with Richie, Eddie, Mike and Stan sitting on top of it leaving Beverly, Ben and Bill on the floor (A/N: 😈).

After a long procession of back-and-forth arguing which ended in Stanley burying his head in his hands and groaning out loud, they finally decided to watch the cheesy 1960s musical, The Sound of Music.

"I'm telling you, it's just this once that I'm letting you guys pick the movie without my say in it," Stanley warned them threateningly.

Mike snorted loudly, "Come on, Stan, you didn't speak out against our choice once."

"Yeah," Beverly sniggered, "We all know you're not protesting because you wanna watch Charmian Carr in a sopping wet see-through dress."

The losers all burst out laughing as they watched Stanley's cheeks blush bright pink.

"Someone's talking," Ben told Beverly in a teasing tone, "Isn't Nicholas Hammond the reason you supported our decision?"

That shut Beverly right up.

The movie began to play as several bowls of popcorn were handed around the group.

When the first song began, Eddie sighed contentedly and sunk into his snug blanket; not having to pretend to not be inwardly snoozing was relieving for a change. He felt a weight shift beside him.