001

The deed had been done.

As the resentful spirits rained down from the sky, Xie Lian was lying down in the middle of the road. Though Fang Xin was still piercing through his chest, the scene was oddly peaceful. Seeing everything burn down around him - the revenge he sought after the fall of Xianle all those moons ago - was the only thing that mattered right now. Though he had his second thoughts in the past, no one from Yong'An proved worthy of saving.

"It's that god of misfortune's fault-!" A man chimed in, grabbing the side of his face in complete shock. Out of his face, the sprouts of something began... two faces growing in his cheek. "First he destroys Xianle, and now Yong'An! When we saw him crash into the ground, we should've known he'd bring nothing but trouble!"

Similar violent wails filled the streets as the misfortune god still helplessly lied there. Whether or not he was listening to the cries or tuning them out completely, no one was able to tell. It only took a moment longer for someone to finally disturb the resting prince.

"Your highness," a male clad in black knelt down before Xie Lian. Wearing a white smiling mask, he seemed indifferent about everything that just played out. "Was there anything else you wanted to do here?"

"No," Xie Lian closed his eyes, "it's all over. Wuming, please help me up. And do not call me 'Your Highness' ever again."

Wuming nodded before pulling out Fang Xin out of Xie Lian's chest to help him up, as cautiously as possible. With Wumings help, the two left the border of Yong'An to the surrounding forest. Xie Lian didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Sure he got his revenge, but what now? What purpose does he have to continue onwards? The him in the past would have said 'to save the common people!' but after his current display, that couldn't of been more wrong.

Was Xie Lian the crown prince and pride and joy of Xianle, or was he the god of misfortune and a blot on the Xianle legacy? Gritting his teeth in frustration, he really didn't know. He wasn't the same moral compass he was in the past, so how can he trust his own judgement of right and wrong.

"Your highness, are you ok?" Wuming asked hesitantly. The crown prince seemed under the weather, drowning in a pool of his own sweat. Though Wuming supported him on his way here, he found stability leaning on a nearby tree.

"Don't call me that," Xie Lian repeated, a little more snappy. His patience was running thin. "I... I am not the crown prince of Xianle."

"..."

It was then the two heard some rustling bushes from behind. Who could this possibly be at such a bad time? Did a vengeful Yong'An citizen follow them both out here to exert their revenge? Whatever it was Xie Lian needed to be prepared. And so, he tried to balance himself as he steadied Fang Xin infront of him. Why he was still fighting for his life after everything he did was beyond him. Nevertheless, Wuming extended his hand and took a step forward to protect the crown prince behind him.

A bird? It seems they were on guard for nothing. Xie Lian let off a sigh of relief seeing his foe was nothing more than a small animal. Letting down his guard, the crown prince plopped down to the ground. "Lower your guard, Wuming." The crown prince muttered. "It's just a bird."

But Wuming didn't budge. Rather, his guard was even more up. Xie Lian didn't understand why until a few moments later when he heard a familiar sound in the distance. Clapping. The pace was too ominous for the two to feel comfortable. Xie Lian couldn't help but feel the blade tighten in his grasp, as he did his best to stand once again.

"Xianle, you've really done it," A voice chuckled, getting closer and closer to the crown prince. This voice... it's the same voice that's been echoing in the back of his mind for years now, tormenting every fibre of his being. How could he ever forget who it belonged to?