002

And so, Xie Lian took a vacant spot to the right of Jun Wu's throne. Who could it possibly be, coming to visit his heavenly emperor without warning? Xie Lian hasn't been out of heaven for too long, but it's still been long enough where there may be new faces he wouldn't recognize. But whether he would recognize old faces was another question. The Crown Prince didn't find it necessary to acquaint himself with any other Heavenly Official before.

As per expected, this Heavenly Official was someone he didn't recognize. But to be a high enough status to enter the Grand Martial hall was quite the feat. If he was a new addition, he must be powerful. "My Lord." The figure gracefully knelt as his king hair brushed his cheeks. He was garbed in white and teal. Though not a colour combination Xie Lian would wear, it suited him well.

"Lord Wind Master, to what do I owe this pleasure?" Jun Wu smiled, looking down at the kneeling god.

"Nothing good," The Wind Master lifted his head to look at the Heavenly Emperor, but was caught off guard by Xie Lian's presence. Whether it was intimidation from Jun Wu or intimidation from Xie Lian, the next words he spoke were shaky. "There's something wrong with Yong'An. There was a bit of chaos in the wind, and after a closer look we were able to figure out why. The human face disease has returned. The White Calamity is wreaking havoc again... as it did with Xianle."

Xie Lian finally understood the look. Though the Crown Prince didn't recognize him, he surely recognized Xie Lian. The topic at hand would obviously be troubling. And so he clenched his fist as everything started circling his head. How was he supposed to stand here indifferent when he's talking about the fall of Xianle? Nevertheless, how he could just stand here knowing Jun Wu was the criminal the Wind Master was blaming it on was beyond him. The White Calamity may of been responsible for Xianle, but it was Xie Lian himself who destroyed Yong'An. He was being confronted with the consequences of his own actions.

"Thank you for the report, Lord Wind Master," Jun Wu looked up indifferently, "but the situation has been dealt with. It is the Crown Prince of Xianle who stands besides me that disposed of the White Calamity. The only thing we can do about the human face disease is to prevent its spread to other kingdoms. Unfortunately Yong'An is beyond saving."

"I-I see," the Wind Master was distraught for a moment, before he looked up to Xie Lian in admiration. "Your Highness killed the White Calamity?"

This made Xie Lian sick to his stomach.

Sensing his discomfort, Jun Wu spoke up once more. "Yes. He was able to scatter the ashes of the White Calamity. I was quite surprised when I descended to see Xianle had done my job. For such a noble act of putting an end to a Supreme and preventing further Heavenly Calamities, his ascension was given. Nevertheless, Yong'An and Xianle still are fresh on his mind. I would refrain from mentioning them for now to not illicit any painful memories."

The Wind Master nodded, still unshaken from his amazement at Xie Lian's 'actions.' It was only after the Wind Master left did Xie Lian glance down to Jun Wu. Every word that came out of his mouth was unrefuteable, even though it was completely made up! Jun Wu covered his tracks seamlessly, but he knew he was undeserving of a heroic story. He betrayed the common people he had sworn to protect.

"Xianle, you don't believe you deserve such high praises?" Jun Wu questioned, completely throwing the Crown Prince off guard. How did he know?

"I can read it in your expression," Jun Wu smiled. "Though I would agree. You still have a long way to go before being worthy of what I have prepared for you. Please do not disappoint me."

"My lord," Xie Lian took a knee, trying to shake off his past thoughts. "I willl do my best."

"Good."