oo2. follow the leader

Daisy could only hope Stick had an idea where he was leading her because she had no clue where they were. All she knew was her heart was racing and that food was at wherever they were or about to be.

Her heart raced, her senses were clouded with his blood — she almost felt sick at the idea that he had cut his own hand off. But Stick told her sacrifices would be made — she hoped she could keep her hand.

Daisy shoved her hands into her sweatpants. She shivered slightly, sensitive to the cold that nipped at her exposed arms. "Am I just a sacrifice?" She finally asked, wishing to have stayed silent. She wouldn't have minded but Daisy needed the truth. Was she hear to die.

Stick had pulled them to a stop. He expected the question to come at some point, but ideally when he had time to deal with her emotional well being. "Don't be weak, Daisy, everyone is a sacrifice in this war."

"It's always about the war. The war isn't what I mean."

"I know what you mean, you are being weak. Clouded by self pity. Snap out of it before it gets you killed."

"It's just—"

"We don't have time for this."

The teenagers head tilted down, guilt changing her heart beat. "Sorry." She whispered, following his steps once more as she pushed up the green tinted glasses, feeling them slip down.

Other then blood and pain, she remembered her mothers green dress and her fathers green tie. They had been on their way to somewhere posh, a posh sort of wedding or social gathering where her mother was maid of honour or of other importance — Daisy often changed the details to delete the pain. It was supposed to be a five minute drive, but they never completed it, instead they died and she survived.

She had given up trying to work out where they were. Her self pity often stopped her doing so. Self pity often got her in danger as she would ignore controlling her senses allow a headache to build and stop caring.

"This is a shitty excuse for a hideout."

"Stick. Daisy."

"Oh, hi Matt." Daisy mumbled, kicking her right foot back and forth, allowing the combat boots to drag against the floor. They were cheap, she could always get a new pair — or steal some if push came to shove.

"Matty." Stick greeted, leaving the teenager at the entry, where she leaned against the wall, her hands rubbing her temples.

"Who the hell are you guys?"

"The guys that's gonna help you save New York." He told them, dramatically letting his sword slice through the air before placing it in the back holster.

Daisy had already put hers in. She wasn't one for that type of dramatics.

"How did you find us, Stick?"

"You know this guy."

Daisy's attention was slightly focused on the food being made right next to her. She turned to the waiters and chef, a sweet smile on her face before asking for a kids meal good enough for a fussy child. Daisy was sensitive to food, it had to taste and smell right for her to even attempt to eat it.

"It's complicated."

Daisy gently took the warm plate into her hands. She was a little amused to find it to simply be a portion of chips and cucumber. But it was a safe option for a fussy child. "No, not really." She disagreed, blowing on the hot chips. "Stick trained Matt, left Matt, Stick trained Elektra, left Elektra, Stick trains me, and I assume my time will be up soon." Daisy explained taking a bite of the chip in her hand. "Trained us for the war, this war I assume. Stick cut his hand off and I'm a sacrifice, Elektra died, I think, and Matt seemed to have a good life but here we are so maybe it wasn't that good, Mary is dead and her daughter isn't here. And something about the Black Sky, not to sure what that is, some special warrior, ya-da-ya-da. And the Hand wants to end which ever of you is Danny Rand."