Who is she?

Jill's POV

'Who is she? Come on, I gotta know the girl that has somehow caught the attention and impressed THE Jill Ellis!' Dawn said, while pacing back in forth in front of me.

'Dawn! Calm down. Look I'll explain everything, but there's a lot, so I need you to settle down.' I reassured her.

She turned to me and took a deep breath to calm herself before sitting across from me.

'Ok, so who is this girl?' She pressed.

'Her name is Summer James...

A/N: Ok first official update. I'm extremely sorry to all the people who were counting on this a lot sooner, but my schedule is loaded. On top of that, I've been caught up with another story and now another one as well. I would love if you check those out, since I probably will have really slow updates on this one. But for now, I wanna get this started because I believe it will cure my writer's block for it and I'll be able to make updates more frequently. Also, I didn't proofread and if you've read my other stories you know I never do.

As disappointing as this chapter may be, I would like to announce that I totally got you guys. It's not over, yet.

Love,
EJ

'She has the entire sports media's attention and I'm quite sure she doesn't even know.' I tell her.

'But why? What's so special about her?' Dawn asks. Special. That is definitely what I would call her. And while I know most of it. There's just something else I can't quite understand yet. But something about her is just so appealing and really pulls you to her when you hear her name.

'Well, let's start from the beginning.' I say, preparing myself for this long talk, 'Back in September some coach friends of mine, sent over a few articles about her. They were titled things like 'Girl becomes first freshman in history to make her school's  varsity soccer team', or 'Girl becomes first freshman to ever become a starter for her any of her school's soccer teams', and 'Freshman breaks nationwide record for most goals scored by one player in a season', as well as the assist record. Those were just from her freshman year. Summer James goes to a high school with one of the nation's best high school girls soccer programs.'

'Wait, wait, wait. Freshman year?' Dawn questions.

'Yeah, what makes this even more impressive, is in her sophomore and junior year, she went on to break those records she set from the previous years. Now, she's in her senior year with two games left in the season and she's two assists and three goals away from breaking them again.' I  explain.

'So, she's a great player.' She thinks aloud, 'But Jill, there's thousands of great players, maybe who haven't broke these records, or have the media's interest. They're are much older players with more experience. And I know you. You never look at players you haven't seen play in person. Especially if they aren't already affiliated with the youth national teams.'

'I know, but Summer's different. For one, after reading those articles, I searched her up. And there are hundreds upon thousands more of them, but what also caught my eye is this. 'Teenage soccer player arguably better than half the professionals we know and love'. Which is great, but not as good as these: 'Teenage soccer prodigy spends her free time with children in the cancer wing at an Orlando hospital' or 'Teenage soccer phenom raises $1800 for young boy with cancer to receive lifesaving operation'. Not only is she an incredible player, but, as far as my research has gone, she's also an amazing person.' I describe.

'Wow, ok, that still doesn't fully tell me, what has you so interested in her, if she's never played at a national kind of level.' Dawn argues.

'Well, amidst talking with some of these coaches, I found that numerous of the youth coaches have tried to get her at their camps, but she always declines for 'financial' reasons. Now I know we normally take care of travel and housing and majority of meals, but it's definitely not the first time people haven't been able to afford it. But, that's not what confuses me. It's that just last year, the u-17 team coach practically begged her to come to a camp, he was going to fully take care of all costs and anything else she might need, but she still declined. It's not that she hasn't had the opportunity to play for a national team, but that she's chosen not to. I need her at our next camp and depending on how it goes possibly the World Cup this summer.' I tell her.

'Honestly, if you think that, then I'm with you on this. I trust you. And I trust that we'll find a way for her to come, even if it means holding it in Orlando.' Dawn reassures me.

'Yeah, I've seen all her games this season. I reached out to her coach and he's been sending the game tapes and her stats. Now, I just have to call her and hope she doesn't decline.' I sigh.

'I have good feeling she won't.' Dawn says.

I guess it's time to finally call someone up again, well after her season ends. If she accepts my offer.

A/N: Ok, I haven't decided how long the chapters of this book will be, and normally I wouldn't format my books with so many author's notes throughout, but it felt weird to separate this next part.

Summer's POV (I'm gonna start with some background) (sorry I just really don't feel like writing the details)

Ok, so my senior season is officially over. We won the state championship which was incredible and my final season was pretty great in itself. I can't believe that in one month I'll be graduating early. Oh, I guess never mentioned, I'm like incredibly smart. Although with my story, it's just mostly doing school in the summer to get ahead and avoid being home as much as possible. If you can even call those places home.

My coach keeps telling me, that everyone wants to know who I am and more about me and that the media is loving me, but if there's anything you should know about me. It's that I don't like being the center of attention. I guess you could say I'm shy, but I hate speaking in front of people, especially new people, and I'm pretty quiet most of the time.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do when I graduate, because there is no way I'm gonna be at home all the time. I'll do anything to avoid that. Well, there is one option, but I'm pretty sure I've already ruined that. You see, I've gotten countless calls from coaches trying to recruit me to a youth national team, but I declined them. I wanted to take the offer, but I can't risk it. I can afford it, with the money I've saved, but if I went, then I'd be dead when I came back. He'd kill me.

Thinking about my future, it's my dream to play for the national team or to actually have a family and maybe a home. I've never really seen the national team play other than a few times and i love their style. I know nothing about the players, not even their names, which sounds crazy that I wanna play with them, but I'm not really allowed electronics at home. I have to hide my phone and my school laptop I leave in my coaches office at school.

I'm kinda walking around the park right now, I'm right beside Exploria Stadium which is where the Orlando Pride plays. I've seen several of the players walking around this area before. For me, it's just convenient to get to. I practice here a lot on my own, just running through drills, trying out new tricks, shooting, running, sprinting. That's what I spend most of my time doing, since I can't really be at the house.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard my phone start ringing. I picked it up and the Caller ID said 'unknown' and although I normally wouldn't answer, I was kinda bored and curious so I picked up.

'Hello?'I asked.