Chapter twenty

Chapter twenty

         Nishi's eye began twitching in annoyance again as she mixed together whatever ingredients Yamuraiha told her. The generals were still arguing while Hinahoho tried in vain to calm them. Nishi just wanted to scream at them to stop, but from previous experience she knew it wouldn't help, most likely it would fuel the fire.

         "Yam...I'm not sure this is right." Nishi frowned at the green mixture she swirled around in a beaker. "Was it green the first time?"

         "Yes it was." Yamuraiha assured.

         "Wasn't it blue?" Spartos looked at it from where he stood.

         "No, I'm sure it was green."

         "Ok..How's this going to work?" Nishi turned to the now quiet group of kids.

         "The first time, when Sharrkan knocked it over it spilled then went poof! Like a cloud of smoke!" Pisti told Nishi while giggling.

         "Alright...Everyone gather around then...Masrur, you too." Nishi gestured for the Fanalis to join them. Once everyone was crowded together Nishi backed away and threw the potion at the floor in front of them. It exploded into a cloud of green smoke, just as Pisti had said.

         Nishi waited anxiously as the smoke cleared, silently begging for them to be back to normal.

         "It didn't work!" An old, raspy voice croaked as the smoke cleared.

         Nishi's eyes widened as she looked at the generals now, they were all old people. "Oh no..."

         "Nishi! What'd you do?!" Sharrkan exclaimed as they all looked themselves over in horror.

         "Hah, Spartos, you're an old man!" Pisti laughed.

         "You're old too!"

         "Oh no, oh no, oh no..." Nishi ran over to where she was working before. She looked over the list once again. "How? I did everything correct!"

         "Hmph. Back in my day, magi were actually good magicians!" Yamuraiha crossed her arms.

         "Yam!" Nishi gasped at the female magician as Yamuraiha grinned in amusement. "W-Well, what do I do now?!?"

         "Try again!" Ja'far suggested.

         "Again?! What if she turns us into animals this time!" Sharrkan rasped.

         "I'll, I'll try again. I'll get it right this time." Nishi decided.

~

         Meanwhile in Kou:

         "Good, good. She's beginning to fall apart. It won't be long before we can move to the next step." Judar couldn't see the Al-Thamen member's face, but he could bet he was smirking as Judar finished telling him about Kana.

         "Which is?" The Al-Thamen member didn't reply, instead he just chuckled and backed away. Judar rolled his eyes and bit into a peach. "Whatever."

         "Hello, Judar-kun!" Judar groaned at the familiar sound of Princess Kougyoku's voice.

         "What do you want?"