2

Waking up the next day with Cole beside me was strange. Don't get me wrong we shared a bed before but this time was different. He was laying on my chest for one and it is a school day and we are late.

I look down at Cole and around his eyes were red and puffy poor guy.

"Hey wake up were late for school," I shake his shoulder since he is literally on my arm. He groans and turns his head away from me. I shake him until he lifts his head and looked at me. His blue eyes bloodshot and puffy.

"I'm not going today you can if you want," he stretched and laid down on his pillow. And since I'm a great friend I grabbed his legs and pulled him to the bathroom. He held on to the doorway and scratched the floor on the way there but I finally got him in the shower. I turned on the shower and went back to his room and picked out his outfit.

After putting together his outfit I went to my drawer that I had at his house and picked out something similar. I hear my phone ding and go to check and it was from Vanessa.

Hey is everything okay you didn't text me after you left- N

Everything's okay I was with Cole some stuff happened

Is he okay- N

Yea I'm just gonna hang out with him today

But I thought you would be hanging out with me today youre always with him- N

I'm not but I'll talk to you later

Whatever- N

I hear the shower still on and decided to go to the hall bathroom. As I shower I thought back over Vanessa's words and what happened to Cole and Taylor. I don't know what I would have done if me and Nessa broke up. I mean Cole and Taylor has been together since they were like 13 and they're 17 going on 18 now. But me and Nessa only been together 3 years and I hope she's not cheating on me.

I got out of the shower and dried off a little putting on my briefs. I wrapped the towel around my waist and went back to Cole's room only to be stopped by Lainey two steps out of the bathroom door. It's a good thing I locked the door or she probably would've barged in.

"Hi Q," she batted her eyes at me checking me out. Not this again.

"Hello Lainey excuse me I have to get dressed" I tried to go around her but she stopped me putting her hand on my chest rubbing my chest and abs.

"What's the rush I haven't seen you in awhile," she is still rubbing on me this is uncomfortable and what happened to look but don't touch.

"Yea well it was nice talking to you but I need to go check on Cole. And aren't you supposed to be in school," she stops touching me and rolled her eyes.

"Whatever if Cole's not going than neither am I," she walks down the hall to her room. That girl is starting to creep me out. I walk into Cole's room and see him laying on the bed with the towel wrapped around him.

"Come on man get dressed let's go," I pull him up by his arm and he flopped back down.

"I don't want to go anywhere let me just sit here," he rolled onto his stomach and I grabbed his leg dragging him out of bed making his towel fall off.

"Aw man really you could have at least put on boxers dude," He just laid there making no move to grab his towel or clothes. so being the best friend I am I grabbed his boxers putting them on him. Then I sit him up so he was leaning against his bed.

"I know you might be hurt right now but it's not the end of the world I promise and someday you are going to find the right person and she'll be wanting you back," I don't like to speak on others relationship because some people move on faster than others but this is not about to happen to my best friend. I refuse to let him mope around so I got a plan.