Chapter 1

"I'm so sorry for your loss. They were great people." Said some other person that knew them.

"Thank you. That means a lot." I said, but I didn't really mean it. I just didn't really know what else to say.

We were leaving the cemetery where both of my parents were just buried. There was a car accident about two weeks ago, leading to their deaths. My mom died instantly, and my dad died a few hours later in the hospital.

My aunt Claire wraps her arm around my shoulders, leading us to her red Tahoe. I'm thankful for her support as I'm still in shock from laying my parents to rest forever.

Aunt Claire isn't really my aunt, well not by blood anyways. Her and her husband, James, are my godparents. My parents designated them to be my guardians if anything were to happen to them. So, in a few days we will be heading towards their home in Orlando, Florida.

They have five children, so my life is going to drastically change as I was an only child. I was born in Orlando and we lived there for the first ten years of my life. I spent almost every day at the Moore's household, or vice versa. Claire and James were my parents best friends in high school and continued to be for their entire lives. My dad got a new and better paying job in Dallas, Texas, so we moved here, and have been here ever since.

"Do you want to get some food before we head back to the house?" Uncle James asks me, bringing me back to reality.

"Um sure." I say quietly, knowing that they are probably hungry. I, on the other hand, am not sure I'll ever be hungry again. All I feel in my stomach is knots constantly twisting together.

James drives through the Chick-Fil-A drive through and orders two thirty counts and a bunch of fries, as their children are meeting us at the house as well.

They all came for the funeral, and we are going to pack up my house here and get it ready for the buyer before we leave in a few days.

Before long, we get back to the house that I've called home for the last seven years. A house that was a happy and alive home just two weeks ago, but is now sad and haunted with memories of what can never be again.

I climb out of Claire's car and walk inside, heading straight to my room to change.

As I throw on some comfortable clothes, my eye catches sight of the picture frame that I have on my nightstand. It was my sixteenth birthday and my parents surprised me with a Chevrolet Equinox, a car I had wanted ever since I was little and my mom had one. They have their arms wrapped around me, and our smiles are contagious.

Tears prick my eyes as I look at it, feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders once more. I'm only seventeen years old, how am I supposed to continue on without my parents?

A knock on the door takes me from my thoughts and I set the picture down and wipe my tears before opening the door.

My boyfriend of two years stands in front of me, and the second he sees the tear marks, he pulls me in for a hug.

"I'm right here baby." Blake mumbles softly as I fall apart in his arms.

He holds me for a little while longer before letting go and we walk downstairs to the living room, where everyone else is.

Everyone already has food and is sitting around the living room, a solemn look on almost everyone's face.

"Hey El, do you want anything to eat?" Liam asks me, as he's the closest one to me.

Liam Moore is the twin brother to Abigail, with black hair and green eyes. He's the third oldest in the Moore sibling order. He's always been a caring soul, wanting to make sure everyone is okay no matter what. He's the same age as me, both of us and his twin going into our senior years.