Intermission

CW: Talk about Scars near the end (just wanted to put this here incase it makes anyone uncomfy)

  *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

A few days after they had run out of ideas and discovered where the exit might be, Gorou had been monitoring the guards shifts as well as how they would act. He felt like he was back in the field again. He felt fulfilled. He tried to notice small things such as what their rank might be and what the might have on them other then their spears. He was looking for keys...but none of them seemed to have them.

"Hey, relax puppy, we'll figure it out eventually" the Oni sighed as he placed a hand on the generals shoulder. "I can't, they are about to change shifts and I need to write this down for our escape" he stated without taking his eyes off the pair of guards near them. He had massive eye bags and hadn't been eating the little food they were given, only focusing on this crucial mission. "Well you could at least take a nap" Itto grumbled. Gorou flicked his ear in disagreement, even though anyone from a mile away could tell he was about to pass out any second now.

"Alright, you wanna do this the hard way then?" Itto asked standing up from his crossed legged position. This caught the generals attention as he looked up at his cell mate. "Uuhhh...what hard way?" he questioned, a bit concerned to say the least. His concern was immediately validated as the Oni scooped up the general and carried him to their bunks. "Wh-hey! What are you doing! Let me go Arataki!" snarled Gorou as he tried to fight off the beast.

"No, you're tired and need sleep okay" stated the Oni as he tried to place the general on the top bunk with little success. "No! I don't need sleep! I need answers!" he howled in disagreement now clawing at Itto's face. "Ow hey no, not the money maker okay!" Itto barked back angrily. "I give up, sleep in my bed." "What! No! I'm not sleeping in anyones bed! I'm not sleeping no where!" "Yes! Yes you are you grouch!"

This back and forth bickering caught the attention of the now switching guards who were now all watching the pairs struggle, surprised to see Itto losing to the small dog man. "....wanna place bets who wins..." one asked. "Oh yes hundred percent" laughed another as the four started guessing who would win. The winners of the bet would be bought lunch.

"No! Leave it!" Gorou snapped as he bit the Onis arm. "OW! DID YOU JUST FUCKING BITE ME!?" he cried in surprise, dropping the general to the ground who scurried off to the corner with his back arched and tail up. "That was a warning! Next time I won't be so gentle!" he barked at Itto. Looking at the general, Itto concluded he looked like an angry puppy throwing a tantrum, which most puppy's throw tantrums when they're tired.... Coincidence? I think not!

A small lightbulb flicked on over Itto's head as he grabbed his raggedy blanket off his bed, stretching it out to its full length. He looked over at Gorou and began to approach him slowly, as if he was hunting. "Wh-what are you planning to do with that?" growled the general in worry. "Nothing...I'm doing nothing with it...don't bother thinking about it" Itto noted calmly as he walked closer and closer to Gorou. Once the two were close enough Itto lunged forward with the sheet and wrapped Gorou in it like a burrito.

"AHAHAHA NOOOO!" howled Gorou in protest as he tried to escape the swaddle. "I'm sorry man but you need sleep okay?" Itto grumbled as he brought the burrito dog to the bottom bunk. "I am a respected Watasumi Warrior dammit! I should be-treated as such!" he whined in anger still trying to escape. "Alright, calm down, don't worry just have a little nap and it'll work out juuuuuuust fine" Itto tried to comfort, reaching for Gorou's ears. He snarled at the Onis hand once he saw where it was headed and it retreated quickly.

"Okay so no ear pets, got it" Itto nodded with worry. Gorou gave his cell mate a grouchy and pouty look, showing his displeasure in the current situation. "Aahhh okay just...take a nap...then you can get back to working okay?" the Oni stated. Still, the general pouted and snarled. "Look, you're basically our only hope of getting out of here...and I'mmmm uh worried about you? Or something" he stated a bit flustered as he moved his eyes away.