Just Another Workday... Maybe?

This story will not follow the exact timeline so just pretend that the rescue of Eri was performed by the Big Three (Mirio,Nejire,Tamaki) the year previous to the Class 1-A we knows arrival. Also,

Warning:this chapter will contain blood!

Deku's P.O.V

After All Might told me I would never be a hero, since I didn't have a quirk, I turned to the second best thing. A reporter. I would get to meet up with heroes and still have time to analyze them and their abilities for my notebook collection. I was attending a high school for the arts. I was still bullied for being quirkless and when your in college it's much worse than it was in high school. I decided to take matters into my own hands after last year's incident with the sludge villain and train myself. I ended up getting pretty strong with my practice of cleaning the beach and going to the gym.

     You can't exactly go to the principal about stuff like that so I just had to deal with it

You can't exactly go to the principal about stuff like that so I just had to deal with it. Sometimes they took way to hard and I would have to get stitches, but I was still okay. As long as I smiled. I no longer had a huge All Might craze. He had smashed my dreams. I had already thought it would be considerably hard without a quirk, but when the man you look up to and want to be says it's impossible then it sinks in pretty deep.

Due to my intelligence I earned a scholarship to this place including my own dorm. Part of my 'training' meant I had to go out and work with some sort of news whether that be a channel or paper. I chose to go be an intern for a famous interviewing station. It wasn't perfect but there were so many interesting and important people that came in that I'd occasionally get coffee for. In fact I once had a conversation with the No. 3 pro hero Hawks.

I was about 3 weeks into my High school year when things started getting interesting. I had left to go to my job/practice when my boss told me that the space hero, 13, would be the one we were interviewing. "Ok so go get my usual and a chai tea for 13. Hurry! She'll be here in about 30 minutes."
Tokuda kun said (I'm sorry, I have no clue who this person is, or how he'd act, I just searched up interviewers and found this guy so yeah 😐).

"   Tokuda kun said (I'm sorry, I have no clue who this person is, or how he'd act, I just searched up interviewers and found this guy so yeah 😐)

(He looks nice so I'm gonna make him stay the way)

Tokuda kun was nice enough to give me a job, even though I was quirkless. He was also the only one to call me Midoriya and not Deku. There was a Lasaters Coffee & Tea a few blocks from the building. I got down there and saw Harlow at the front. I waited in line for a few minutes until I got to the front.

"Hey Deku! Another usual I presume!" He said with a bright smile. "Yep! And a chai tea, please." I replied to him as I went to sit over on one of the couches on the other side of the little shop. I wish I could smile like that. I hadn't completely smiled like that ever since I had last seen All Might. I shook the thought out of my head as I heard my order called, "Midoriya's blended caramel mocha and chai tea, Midoriya's blended caramel mocha and chai tea" Bruno, another worker I had met before, yelled. "Thank you!" I called out as I grabbed them from the counter and back towards the office.

I found Tokuda kun backstage wiping his glasses. "Hi sir! I got your blended caramel mocha with extra whipped cream and chai tea!" I called out to him. "Ah, great. Thank you! I'm kinda busy so could you deliver that tea to 13 yourself? She should be over by the set or camera crew." He asked. Although, it's never an ask when it's your boss so of course I responded by saying "Sure! No problem!".

I walked over to the camera crew first and didn't see them so I walked over to the set and found them already in their seat. "Hi, pro hero 13?" I spoke up kind of shyly from in front of them. They looked up and said "That's me! What can I do for you young man?" They asked. "Hi, I'm Tokuda kun's intern. I brought you some tea." I told them.

"Why thank you, young man! Say, your boss is probably not gonna be here till 5 till. Why don't you take a seat over there and chat with." She said while pointing to Tokuda kun's chair. I remember how one of the rules was to always keep our visitors happy and I supposed that he wouldn't really mind me talking to them for only about 7 minutes so I took a seat and replied with "Ok. What would you like to to talk about Pro Hero 13?".

"Oh, please. Just call me 13."

"Ok, 13. Why are you here today."

"It's a rather long story, so how about you listen to it when I'm on the air. So young man, what's your name?"

"O-oh! I'm Izuku Midoriya, but most people call me Deku."

"You do know what that means, right?"

Damnit, Deku! Why'd you do that!? Now your gonna look weird!
"Y-yeah, yeah. Of course! It's just a little inside joke between me and a couple of my friends. It's actually pretty funny, haha!"

"Oh, ok then! Well Midoriya, what's your quirk? Is it something to do with your muscles?"

"W-well, k-kinda. I don't have a quirk so I work out."

"Oooh, well even if you don't have a quirk, you're still muscular enough to fight any mugger or pickpockets coming your way."

Someone... believes in me. Someone thinks I can beat a villain. It might be pity, though, but I was really happy about this.
"Why thank you! I have a question though. It's about your quirk. We all know it's called black hole but I just wanted to know what actually happens to what has been su-" I started when Tokuda kun interrupted me. "Hello there Midoriya. I see your keeping our guest entertained. Thank you. Hello Pro Hero 13! I am Taneo Tokuda, but you can just call me Tokuda! It's such a pleasure to have you here!" He said.

     "Well it's a pleasure to be here, and please just call me 13. No formalities needed, Tokuda. Now, how long till we start?" They responded. I got up out of his seat and went to grab a couple coasters. I find them on a spare table and ran back to them. I picked up 13's cup, wiped the ring, and placed the coaster down.

"...invasion? It was pretty recent so I didn't know, I just wanted to be clear there will be many questions. Some will probably be personal." He asked in a slightly worried tone. 'Invasion? I wonder what happened. I haven't been focused on the hero news too much so I couldn't know about what happened. I guess I'll find out what happened when the interview starts.'

     "I'll be just find. I'm a hero aren't I? I've been through way worse." I heard 13 say as I walked away. It was 5:28(pm) so I only had about 2 minutes before showtime. So I went to the sidelines and waited for a while.

"Hello! And welcome to the 5:30 Hero Interview! I'm Taneo Tokuda, your host for this evening! And with me I have Pro Hero 13 here to discuss the UA invasion last Thursday!" He said in his talk show voice. I gasped.

'There was a UA invasion! That's where Kacchan went!'

Hi! I'm sorry that the story is having such a slow beginning, but I promise in the next chapter things start getting interesting so please stick around and enjoy! Bye 👋!