THREE | the Shadow

When Blair wakes up, she's almost too comfortable to remember last night. She feels oddly calm, and better, in some ways.

But when she turns her head and her heart grows ten times its size at the sight of the man lying beside her, the memories of last night come back.

"How'd you sleep?" Draco asks. He's been awake for over an hour, staring at her backside for a while to just remind himself she's there.

"Good." She whispers, rubbing her eyes. Blair sits up in bed, sighing. Maybe it's better to move on, instead of staying in bed with him for another hour like she used to. It's for the better.

"What do you remember?" Draco asks, running a hand through his hair that looks perfect, even after a night of sleep and tossing and turning.

Blair's stomach turns at the thought of the nightmare. "I remember what I dreamed about, and people were calling my name. But then you were there, and I woke up. You comforted me, I cried, and I fell asleep from exhaustion quickly enough.."

"You didn't hear anything after?" Draco asks, narrowing his eyes.

Blair picks some clothes out of her closet. "Was there something I missed?" She asks. "Let me guess; my dad yelled and told me to be quiet."

"Well, yes, but it's not that," Draco says, rubbing a hand over his lower face. "Theo knows about us."

Blair stops and turns around, feeling like she just got kicked in the gut. "He what?"

"It was impossible to hide it from him, baby. You were in my lap and I had to do everything to comfort you— it looked far from friendly," Draco says, getting out of bed. "But he says he noticed over the past year, the changes in our behavior."

"What did he say?" Blair asks.

Draco presses his lips together, trying to think of the best way to bring this. "He's kind of furious with me. He's angrier because he thought it was just an 'innocent' crush you had on me, but from what he saw, he now knows it's different. But I also kind of told him that I love you."

"Jesus Christ," Blair hisses, running a hand through her brown hair. "This is bad. This is really bad. What if he tells my dad?"

"He won't. He's smart enough to know what'll happen if he does. Even if he did, I don't think your father would object all that much." Draco says. He neatly makes the bed, so that Blair doesn't have to do it later. And in his opinion— he's better at it.

"How angry is Theo with you, exactly?"

"He said he wanted to punch me."

"Fuck."

Draco turns his head to look at Blair, raising his eyebrows. "You can worry about curse words later. This is messed up.." Blair sighs, pulling an outfit out of her closet, and shaking her head.

"Well, the skeleton's out of the closet— what more can we do?" Draco says, finished making the bed, and now cracking open the nearest window.

"I don't want this to cause a major drama in my family— I can't take it. Not now," Blair turns toward Draco with a trembling voice, clothes in her hands. "With everything that's going on, I think.. I think  having my parents hate me for this, too—"

"No," Draco says firmly. "I won't let it get to that point. I will talk to Theo. I don't care if he yells at me or punches me, but I won't let his anger affect you. Let me handle it, Blair."

Blair nods, swallowing down the lump in her throat. "You know I trust you."

"I know," Draco smiles. "It'll be alright."