Homecoming

"Oh my, how you've grown!" Inko Midoriya coos, as she wraps her son Izuku in a hug.

The boy, formerly away on I-Island for a Support Engineer Internship Course for the past year, had definitely shot up like a leek, now standing near two meters in height. The boy blushes, hugging his mom back. "I-I missed you too, mom."

"Oh, I'm so happy to have you back! Our weekly calls were nice, but there's nothing quite like having you in person." Inko says, looking at her boy. "Oh, we have so much to do as well! We need to fully restock your wardrobe, adjust your bed size, make sure you get properly fed..."

"Mom, we're still in the airport." Izuku says, Inko looking up suddenly.

"R-right! Let's get you home first!" She says, before the two greenette's begin to walk off.

Izuku gives a soft smile and the two move on, but not before the boy gives one last look to the area around him.

"You're sure about this? I mean, just a few months ago, you never wanted to go back."

"That was before I realized I had to do this. Mel, you heard what Wolfram said. Musutafu is going to hell, and the heroes don't care despite all the proclamations of it being the New Home of Heroics. Someone has to remind them of the past."

"You'd be risking being pushed into everything you wanted no part in."

"I know. But, G.P.G.R, right? I can't just ignore the small problems."

"...Okay. But be careful, okay? Dad still wants you to help on the Omnidirectional Cybernetic Tendril Operating System when you can. I don't think being put behind bars will help."

"Hey, I'll have enough time to do what I can and help with OCTO. Now, come on. I need help packing."

"So, you're already enrolled in UA?" Inko asks, Izuku snapping out of his thoughts.

"Yeah. Mr. Shield has connections with the Support Course there, and I got in on a recommendation." Izuku explains, poking at his food. "As long as I keep up my studies, I'll be able to join the Japan Branch of Shield Tech when I graduate."

"Oh that's wonderful to hear sweetie! I always knew UA was your dream school, so I'm glad you get to go!" Inko cheers, and Izuku nods.

The boy looks blankly at his food, before he suddenly devours it all, leaving behind a clean bowl. "I'm uh... I'm pretty tired from the trip, so I think I'm gonna turn in early."

"O-okay sweetie." Inko replies, watching her son get up and head away from the kitchen. She looks down, a small frown on her face. "Darn it, Inko... You messed up again."

"These quirk amplifying drugs are running rampant over there, not to mention the sightings of massive creatures with bird beaks. Something is happening in my city, and I can't let it keep happening."

"So, you finally made up your mind, huh? Guess fighting a villain all by yourself would do that."

"Yeah... I guess."

It's been a long night for Detective Naomasa Tsukauchi.

Multiple reports of robbers and muggers suddenly tied up and strung up on light poles or against walls in alleyways, a number of noise disturbances, and witnesses saying they saw a man covered in webs fighting villains. If the Detective didn't know any better, he'd just assume it was a new underground hero, and move on with his life. Unfortunately, the man knew a thing or two about a thing or two, and the police hadn't been notified at all about any new heroes patrolling the area. Which means one of two things.