GLOSSARY

A'ai – interjection - Alutiiq – uh-oh, oops.

Aanaruaq – noun – Alutiiq – grandmother, also means mother-in-law.

Aarigaa – adjective – Alutiiq – good or wonderful.

AEV– AEV is an acronym for All Elements Vehicle. Depending on the model, AEV's can fly to stratospheric altitudes, submerge to ocean depths in the bathypelagic zone and withstand heat and fire from 500 to 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit (fictional).

Acacia tortilis - Vachelliatortilis,widely known as Acaciatortilisbut now attributed to the genus, isthe umbrella thorn acacia, also known as umbrellathorn and Israelibabool, a medium to large canopied tree native to most of Africa, primarily to the savanna and Sahel of Africa (especially the Somali Peninsula and Sudan), but also occurring in the Middle East.

Achatina fulica - Achatina fulica is a species of large land snail that belongs in the family Achatinidae. It is also known as the giant African snail or giant African land snail. It shares the common name"giant African snail" with other species of snails such as Achatina achatina and Archachatina marginata. This snail species has been considered a significant cause in pest issues around the world.Internationally, it is the most frequently occurring invasive species of snail. Outside of its native range, this snail thrives in many types of habitat in areas with mild climates. It feeds voraciously and is a vector for plant pathogens, causing severe damage to agricultural crops and native plants. It competes with native snail taxa, is a nuisance pest of urban areas, and spreads human disease.This snail is listed as one of the top 100 invasive species in the world.

Acoustigun– noun – a non-lethal personal defense unit that produce a range of high frequency tones to stun targets for a 100%incapacitation rate. Nausea, dizziness and vomiting are common side effects.Shattered ear drums, and ruptured internal organs may result from target proximity (fictional).

Advance sequence booster – time accelerator used to speed natural processes (fictional).

Adygea - The Republic of Adygea, also known as the Adyghe Republic, is a federal subject (a republic) of Russia. It is geographically located in the North Caucasus region of European Russia, and is part of the Southern Federal District. Adygea covers an area of 7,600 square kilometers (2,900 sq mi), the fifth-smallest Russian federal subject by area, with its territory an enclave within Krasnodar Krai.

Affective computing - (sometimes called artificial emotional intelligence, or emotion), AI is the study and development of systems and devices that can recognize, interpret, process, and simulate human affects. It is an interdisciplinary field spanning computer science, psychology, and cognitive science. While the origins of the field may be traced as far back as to early philosophical inquiries into emotion, the more modern branch of computer science originated with Rosalind Picard's1995 paper on affective computing. A motivation for the research is the ability to simulate empathy. The machine should interpret the emotional state of humans and adapt its behavior to them, giving an appropriate response to those emotions.

African wild dog - The African wild dog (Lycaon pictus), also known as the painted hunting dog, painted wolf, hunting dog, Cape hunting dog or African painted dog, is a canid native to sub-Saharan Africa. It is the largest of its family in Africa, and the only extant member of the genus Lycaon, which is distinguished from Canis by dentition highly specialized for a hyper carnivorous diet, and alack of dewclaws. It was classified as endangered by the IUCN in2016, as it had disappeared from much of its original range. The 2016population was estimated at roughly 39 sub-populations containing6,600 adults,only 1,400 of which were reproductive. The decline of these populations is ongoing, due to habitat fragmentation, human persecution and disease outbreaks.