Party Buddies

"You look tan."

"Yeah it's from my honeymoon."

The awkwardness was quite clear to anyone that looked over to Paul and Gemma. It was even clear to the two of them.

"I know your not exactly thrilled with me at the moment-"

"Thats the understatement of the year."

"I've had some time to think obviously since filming was stopped for your wedding for a little bit. But in that time I think I realized that I just felt that way about you because everything in my life was going wrong. I know that I was supposed to be dating your sister and that one of my best friends is now your husband but I'm sorry."

"I just don't understand, why me?"

"You were one of my best friends and someone I could tell almost everything to. I'm sorry for putting you in that situation."

"I'm sorry that it was me. One day Paul you are going to find the woman that you are supposed to spend the rest of your life with, even if she's not my sister. But today you need to talk to Phoebe and figure out a plan for what you two are going to do."

"I called her yesterday and I'm actually going to her doctor's appointment after this."

"Thats a good place to start."

They got silent again causing Gemma to look out the window of the little coffee shop they were in. Paul sighed and ran a hand down his face.

"Where do we go from here? I miss being your friend."

"We start over I guess. As co-workers and then maybe friends."

"I'm sorry I did this to you, to us."

"It's ok, it really is. It's not your fault. But I can't be your best friend right now."

"Maybe we can get back to party buddies."

"Maybe."

Gemma sent him a small smile and when he smiled at her, she knew he would be ok and that he would do everything in his power to help her sister.

AN- This is slowly coming to an end. Lmk if there's smth you rlly want to see before it does:)