N I N E |LAKE|

|Lake POV|

Monday

I am a new man. Only one woman for me and from now on her name is Elvire Marie Lacroix.

The weekend with Jocelyn was complete shit. She fought with me the entire time for not being able to get hard.

But I didn't care. My only focus was Elvire then and even now. I just want to see my girl again.

I park my car in the senior parking lot but the moment I step out of my old 2002 Chevy Silverado.

I see Adelina and her ratchet ass friend group waiting for me at the entrance of the school.

I already know they're talking shit about me.

But this morning I choose peace, so I mind my business and walk as if I don't see them.

Until Adelina begins to walk toward me. "Lake!" She calls out to my while waving her hand.

I roll my eyes, "what" Might as well see what she wants.

She looks back to her little group and then looks at me, "Can we talk in private?"

"No, speak now or forever hold your peace."

She pouts and bats her eyes. "Mi Amor please, I just need a second." She says softly.

I want to say no. I should say no. Nothing in me wants to talk to her, especially after the shit she pulled on Friday but I feel as though I owe it to our 10+ years of friendship to hear her out.

She tries to hold my hand but I jerk it away. "Where's your car?" I ask, she has 2 minutes to get everything off her chest then I'm leaving.

A menacing smile forms on her face. "Right over there", she points at her 2022 white Chevy corvette stingray.

...

"Come on, talk your shit" I tell her impatiently the moment we enter her car.

Because AGAIN, her last straw was on Friday when I begged her to take me back and she drove off.

"I have something for youuu" She goes in her purse and pulls out a small ziplock bag with a couple of small colorful pill capsules inside.

Now I'm no drug addict but I know LSD when I see it. I reach for it but she snatches it away. 

"I need you to understand Friday wasn't personal okay? I just needed a little space. Do you forgive me?" She says while pouting her bottom lip again.