Chapter 2

Since the curious encounter in the alleyway, Justice hadn't been able to stop replaying it in her mind. 

The one lingering question was how? How exactly was he able to withstand the injection? That much sedative very well could have killed him. And double it? 

Justice wouldn't be surprised if he was dead in an alleyway somewhere. He was very obviously already on something. Probably multiple somethings. 

She also wondered why. Why did he follow them in the first place? Was he gonna try to rob them?

She wondered why for herself, too. She wasn't sure why she let him go, but she did. Hopefully, it wouldn't come back to bite her in the ass.

The thought of the scantily clad man with barely a shirt to cover him was out of Justice's mind for a while. She had more important things to attend to, after all. Starting a crime syndicate wasn't easy. It was getting to be quite tedious, working and killing and working with little to no gain. 

So when she had a job that landed her in the same area as the only truly interesting man she'd met in a while, she decided to linger for a little bit. She had her car drop her off in the area that was closest to where she remembered and walked around. 

It was somewhat late by the time she had enough free time to do that, so when she came across a building with lights pouring out of it, the flashing colors were very apparent. She stood in front of the door for a second, watching a surprising number of people go in and out. 

When Justice herself finally went in, she had an idea of what to expect. Obviously, it was some sort of club with a variety of illegal activities going on, and obviously, she expected the man from the alleyway to be part of the equation. 

But she expected him to be a bartender or something.

What she did not expect was to see him immediately after walking in and through the entrance security, standing and dancing around a pole on a center stage with hundreds of bills flitting around him and cheers being called up from the surrounding crowd. 

She wasn't sure what to call what he was dressed in, but it looked like some type of lingerie covered in various jewels of shapes, colors, and sizes. They glittered as he moved under the shining and blaring lights of the club.

The brightest thing about him was his outfit.

His eyes were dim.

It was like there was nothing behind them. 

He was very obviously on something. Again. 

He was so out of it that he couldn't do much more than dance or giggle at the leers that were tossed up at him. There were several times when he was beckoned down by someone on the floor and ended up giving a sloppily placed kiss. The remarks that were thrown around the most, Justice noticed, were people- mainly men- calling him something along the lines of "a good boy". He agreed.

And it disgusted her. 

She was about to turn around and leave, satisfied that she'd be able to completely forget about him now that she knew what he did, but she was stopped by a large man who seemed to think he held a presence.

Justice still didn't have anything else to do for the night, so she decided to humor him. She turned and faced him, looking up into his eyes as he pulled a cigar from his mouth. 

"A new face, I see?" He said. 

"Is that rare? Perhaps you need to improve your services." She replied firmly, drawing an equally hearty laugh out of him. 

"Maybe you're right. But while I have you-- there one you got your eye on? We have a number of private rooms. Take your pick," He said, gesturing to the whole of the club floor.