Before You Read

Like it says in the story description, this is a story that takes place in the My Hero universe-- but the storyline of MHA and the rules of the universe have almost nothing to do with this story. It can be read and understood with little to no knowledge of the anime. Basically all you need to know is that there are powers that people have, called quirks. And there are heroes who use the quirks, villains who use these quirks, and halfway in between people, vigilantes, who use these quirks. That's it. There are a few name drops here and there, but they're just mentions of some villains in the show. They aren't actually involved in any way.

Because it takes place in the MHA universe, it also takes place in Japan, so a lot of the characters use suffixes like -san, -kun, and -sensei when referring to or speaking to other characters, as well as mentioning & using the cultural norms around first vs last names. I thought about removing them, but there are some lines and usage of language that I don't think would transfer over if I just used Mrs. or Mr. like in English honorifics. I am not from Japan, and I can't speak Japanese-- if you are reading this and you are Japanese or you can speak it or you otherwise notice I am using something incorrectly, please comment or dm me and let me know so I can fix it. Any mistakes are not out of malice or intent- I've tried to do research and all I can hope for is that it's correct.

I'd also like to use this note to restate the list of trigger warnings and how prominent each item on the list is. 

language (curse words, hateful language towards sex workers, threats)

sexual conduct (depictions of sex workers & abuse in the industry. implied S/A)

gang violence (its... about a woman who leads a gang.. pretty self-explanatory right here.)

murder & death (again, gangs. also some revenge action.)

toxic relationships (blatantly and not-so blatantly or intentionally)

self-harm & suicide (pretty brief mentions/descriptions, but still there. chapter 3 mostly.)

abuse (emotional and physical, explicit, sexual, implied)

overall violence (...gangs.)

I started writing this a while back and my style has changed & gotten better over time, so the first few chapters are probably a little wonky lol. If you stick through it I promise it'll get better. 

The story will update for a few days straight when I first start publishing and then update every Friday after that point.

That's it! Thanks for clicking on my story, and happy reading! I hope you enjoy it. If you like a chapter, please consider voting on it to boost my story in the algorithm. Thank you!