Until We Meet Again

Two Days Later-

Liyah-

After getting dressed I took a deep breath before leaving the room and everyone else was dressed and ready to go.

My ma gave me a concerning look before pulling me into a hug.

"You sure you're ready ?" She asked and I nodded

It was the day of Marcus's funeral, and honestly I wasn't ready. It felt like shit was happening too fast and I wasn't getting anywhere with this grieving

After a while we pulled up to the church that his funeral was being held at and it was full of cars.

"Zay's waiting for you up front with the rest of his close family members so y'all can be the first to view his body."my ma told me and I nodded before getting out the car and walking through the crowd of people.

Once I saw Zay standing with Marcus's aunt Pam, Teetee, Amoura, and his granny, Zay hugged me and I hugged everyone else also.

"You ready ?" Amoura sighed and I shook my head before taking a deep breath

We walked inside together and Amoura gripped my hand as we walked down towards the casket. It felt like My heart beat was getting louder and louder by each step and finally we reached his casket.

I continued to stare blankly at his lifeless body as tears began to form into my eyes. Amoura let go of my hand before quickly turning off and Zay have Teetee a concerned look before following her. Teetee pulled me into a hug before giving my shoulder a squeeze and I sighed before tears started falling.

The thought of never being able to hear his voice in person or seeing him again ever hit me. This was the last time that I was ever going to be face to face with him and that shit hurt.

I pulled back before wiping my face and nodding at Teetee before we all stepped aside and took a seat in the front, allowing for everyone else to view his body.

.............................

Amoura's daughter Lexis opened the cage of doves and they all began flying before forming in sync. I stuck around while everyone conversed and eventually started heading out leaving me with Zay and His aunty.

"I'm so sorry." I told her and she furrowed her eyebrows

"Sorry ? I'm feel blessed to know that he had someone like you in his life." She told me before hugging me

"I still reminisce on how I accidentally caught you in all the way in LA." Zay lightly laughed and I laughed with him

"I said I needed to get away and Marcus was down with anything" I said before we all laughed

Zay's phone rang and he stepped aside to take it leaving me and his aunt to converse the for a bit, after he came back he sighed

"You good ?" I asked and he shook his head

"I've just been having a bad day." He sighed and I slightly smiled before looking at him

"Mmm, but at least You don't remember bad days, you remember bad moments."I told him and he looked at me in slight disbelief.

"So they boy did listen huh?" He asked before we all laughed

Looking back on the strong impact that we had on each other's lives really made me open my eyes towards life ahead. Shit isn't going to change if you stay in the same pattern. This is a experience that's going to affect me for a lifetime for sure, he wouldn't want me to grieve him forever. He told me not to let this shit throw me off, and the least I could form him is listen.