38 Mana And Water Balloons

When I arrived at the class 1-A classroom around 7:50, Anastasia, Deor, Franco, and Percival were already there while Anakin was nowhere to be seen. I guess after he and I parted ways in the garden, he decided to just not attend today's class.

In the game, he would also often do this with the reason being that it's boring. Although Anakin is also good at studying based 'only' on his grades, his mischievousness, of course, still wouldn't just disappear into the nothingness that easily. Or maybe today... he just didn't attend because of our conversation earlier. Either way, it is not any of my business anymore.

– A male teacher then arrived a few minutes after I did. He entered the classroom... while pushing a cart full of balloons that seems to contain some kind of liquid. Water possibly. Everyone stared at it with both curiosity and confusion.

The male teacher greeted us, and everyone greeted him back as well.

Afterward, he introduced himself, glanced at the cart full of balloons then back at us before giving a... mysterious smile, for some unknown reason, "Everyone must be curious about those?" he asked and I unconsciously nodded along with the other students.

Well... I already have a guess.

"For our Mana Control class today, instead of having a boring lecture, let's just go straight into doing a practical practice. Well..." He glanced around the classroom before humming, as if thinking, "I think I made an error in judgement. Since we'll be doing some practical practice, we should go to the Training Center. Let's go, and may one of you push the cart for me?"

With a student volunteering to push the cart, everyone finally went to the Training Center – although no one really told them us so, not even the teacher, everyone walked in a line or very orderly manner. I guess being a noble plays a huge part in our discipline... most of the time.

When we finally reached our destination, which is the public training area of the Training Center, everyone stood quietly, waiting for the teacher standing in front to speak.

"So, for today's Mana Control lesson, we'll be using these balloons," the teacher gestured to the cart, "You will find a partner. For this practice – or challenge to be more accurate, the two of you must pour Mana inside the water balloon continuously, and maintain it to float above the head of the two of you." He went to the cart, grabbed a balloon with his right hand, then after a second or 2, the balloon immediately floated midair, the water inside it seemingly moving.

"For those of you who are not aware and are curious, this is not levitation Magic. Levitation Magic allows you to change direction and control other aspects of the object you are pouring your Mana to, but this will simply stay like this. It will just go high and go low depending on your Mana Control." He explained, then paused.

All of a sudden, that water balloon that's just floating still made some noises, as if the water inside is running wild.

Then – the balloon bursts and water splashed. Some of the students step back, their uniforms, wet, and I blinked. Fortunately, I was in the back area and the water didn't get to me.

"Your Mana control doesn't only affect the high and low level of the balloon, it also affects the overall force or power. If you are not careful, the Mana inside will be too much, causing the balloon to burst," the teacher smirked, "And since it will be floating above the head of you and your partner, once you fail to control your Mana... you'll get wet." The students started to look much more active and alert.

"The goal to pass is to make the water balloon float for 10 minutes straight... for now. Until our class ends, you will do it again and again until you succeed." which means that if you continue failing... have fun at having a free public shower.