04

****

The long awaited morning has come, and she was an early riser as usual. It barely struck 7 on the clock when she's already trying out her new look.

Her dress was a vermillion shaded qipao with slits along her sides and white circular designs, completed by a collar exposing her neck and a zipper. Of course, Ino picked out new attire for her best friend a few months back for her to wear, and this was one of her selections she thought suited the lass. She had been wearing it to the academy for a while now.

Under her dress was her tight dark green pants ending right above her knees. Her shuriken holster wrapped around her right thigh, truly giving her the standard ninja appearance.

Somehow, she still felt bashful. She wouldn't stand out at all amongst the many girls who pamper themselves everyday for Sasuke, but she couldn't shake off the feeling. While thinking, she finally thought of a handy solution after weeks of wearing the outfit.

When Ino was distracted, she bought some elbow protectors that she thought would be useful for her sometime. Sakura digged out through her dresser, and pulled out an unopened plastic bag from the last drawer.

She slowly pulled out the elbow protectors from within the bag, and put them on. They were black, and covered her elbows. It was perfect.

She glanced at her hitai-ate and collected it from her bed edge, running her fingers along the Konoha symbol engraved onto the cold metal.

She was going to be a true kunoichi today. Of course, not the most strongest, remarkable, amazing kunoichi, but she will continue to pave the path she had chose. It certainly won't be easy, but she had no qualms about that. It was a promise she made for her parents' justice.

She placed the hitai-ate on her head, and tied it under. The pinkette moved and twirled in front of the mirror delightedly, and sprinted outside her room. She completed her remaining chores, and left home soon after.

"Today's the day!" Sakura exclaimed excitedly, skipping through the streets. She never thought graduating would be such an endearing thought. At the moment, a certain blonde came into the picture.

"Well, if it isn't Sakura! Look at you, hopping around and finally not catching dust reading books to school," Ino teased as she caught up to Sakura. Sakura pouted cheekily as she slipped an arm around Ino's, hugging it.

"It's not school anymore, we're graduating! It's the most interesting day we've had since I came here," She rejoiced, making her best friend smirk. "You're not wrong about that! Oh, Sakura, I have a question,"

"Go for it,"

"What's with those elbow protectors? Did you hurt yourself?" She curiously pointed to them.

"Oh, it just felt right. I have a feeling they'll be helpful in the future,"

"Okay then, whatever. Your body, your choice. I would've really liked you without them though," Ino huffed as she pulled on Sakura's cheek.

"Hey, wanna race to school? Loser buys icecream," Ino proposed, her expression full of mischief. The pinkette agreed wholeheartedly, knowing this could be the last time they could do this.

The pair were neck to neck right up until they arrived, making the winner unclear. Unable to argue with the blonde due to her stubborn nature, she let her win much to her satisfaction.