Chapter 2

I was awoken by a tap on my shoulder

I was awoken by a tap on my shoulder. I moaned softly and stretched while turning around. There stood Joseph towering above me.

"Hey, Honey. We're going to be late for work if we don't get a move on," he said while handing me my glasses.

"Oh shit," I mumbled while placing them on my face. I glanced at the clock and groaned. It was 7:30 am. I have no clue why I always took the morning shifts at my job, knowing damn well I was not a morning person. As I stood up, he handed me a mug, and I could smell the coffee, which awoke something in me because I now had a burst of energy, and Joey could tell.

"There she is. Bright and early, folks. She is ready for the day!" I laughed while folding the blanket and placing neatly on the arm of the couch. 

"Shut up, Joey," I began walking back upstairs to lay out my uniform which was a pair of black jeans and a white t-shirt before getting in the shower. My uniform was already laid out on the perfectly made bed, to my surprise. When I turned around, Joey was right there smiling big.

"I figured I would help you out this morning and let you sleep in, especially after our night last night," he grinned. I grinned back. It was a nice night, however, this man had way too much energy for it to be 7:30 am.

"Oh, thanks," I chuckled. "I'm going to head to the shower really quick then."

"Oh yeah. I already took one, so I'll head downstairs and wait until your ready," my smile left. He took a shower....in my bathroom. I haven't shared a bathroom with anyone since Henry, and he was a fucking slob. I walked into my bathroom, praying that there wasn't water soaking the floor. Henry never, and I mean never, dried off before stepping out. He would step out and then dry off, allowing water to soak into the rugs.

 I despised it.

Upon my surprise to entering the bathroom, I was shocked...again. Not a single drop of water on my floor, and his dirty towels were put away in the hamper.

"Well then," I half-laughed as I took in the scenery of my tidied bathroom.

I took off the t-shirt I grabbed last night, which so happened to be Joey's, and it was inside out. I tossed it in the hamper and turned on the hot water. I loved for my showers to be like lava against my skin; Henry hated it. He would always say, "Jesus Christ, woman. Are you trying to cook me alive!" I chuckled at the thought as I climbed in. The warmth of the water was exactly what I needed to relax. I shut my eyes and let the water wash over me while letting my mind slip away.

"Mmmmm, you're so beautiful," I heard a familiar rumble of a voice behind me. I leaned back to feel a broad chest against my petite body. "You always look so peaceful when you relax in the shower. You always let go, and you don't look so stressed, my sweet Princess," I smiled at my favorite pet name. It always made me feel small, and I liked feeling small with him. He always made me feel protected. I sighed as I let my body rest against his, and I felt his arms around me. "Relax. You need it. You've been so stressed with work and exams. Let me hold you. Lean your body into mine; I've got you, Princess." I let myself fall back only to slam my head against the edge of the tub.