4. My Goddess

Xavier's POV:

Flashback ends~

It has been a while since I was driving towards my company, chuckling at the memory of the previous incident. As I looked at the clock, which had reached 8:05, I noticed the traffic light turning red.

"DAMMIT!" I hissed between my teeth as I slammed my fist on the steering wheel. I have a horrible temper, hence it is difficult for me not to become furious since my fury exaggerates the situation.

I've never been late for almost anything, and because Mr.Albert is a friend of my Grandfather's, I can't shout at him for postponing at the last minute since the meeting is important. But, seeing the signal that wasn't going to change anytime soon, I concluded that violating the rules for the first time wouldn't hurt... Right? My intuition told me not to. So I did what I thought is right for me.

Running my fingers through my hair, I break the signal and drive off. However, guess what? My instincts were right. Luck wasn't on my side as a dumb Veloster N car came approaching my car, turning on the left indicator but not really turning to the left. After all, who does that? So, because my car was moving at a fast pace,

Boom!

I hit the car, but the driver was OK since I used the brakes just in time, but I saw the headlight crack. However, deep in my heart, I have a bad feeling about this. As the door opens,

Wow! An angel exits her car, dressed in a sapphire blue tank top and flared denim jeans. Her silky brown hair is wrapped in a loose bun, causing hair locks to fall over her face. She has a perfect curvy figure that could fit perfectly in my arms. She's not just any ordinary angel. She's my goddess. Oh no, I'm not exaggerating, but something about her makes her different from everyone else I've ever laid my eyes on.

Wait, my goddess? Where did that come from?

Shaking my thoughts away, I returned my gaze to her, only to see her yelling at me with a frown on her face. I couldn't figure out why I thought it was cute.

But when I realized what was happening, I was enraged to see her cursing at me. I glanced around to see others laughing and others capturing pictures of the scene.

My jaw clenched as I opened the door and sprang from my seat, my icy gaze fixed on her, raking my hands through my hair and slamming the door shut, making others flinch as they gasped in disbelief to see me.

Some of them stared at me in dread before fleeing, and I'm not shocked or blamed them. I am who I am, and I couldn't care less about anyone or anything. But my family, including Elliot and Kiara, is my life, and anybody who messes with them will witness their own death. And that's me, 

The Xavier Alexander Knight, a ruthless and infamous CEO.

She stopped shouting as I approached her slowly, like a predator hunting its prey. She froze and stared at me. But it was short-lived since she began shouting at me again, indifferent about the situation, forcing me to pause and arch my eyebrows in amusement.

I knew I was wrong. but she wouldn't let me apologize, so I did what was best for me. I put some sense into her brain and ignored her as it was just 5 minutes left for the meeting. But, I'm amazed that I tolerated her curses and left her alone. That's not my nature, but like I mentioned earlier that something about her didn't want me to hurt her in any way.

I admit that no one ever yelled at me when they realize who I am, but she did. However, that didn't really surprise me. What surprised me the most is the next incident, but not at all in a good way.

She flung a stone at my car's windshield, shattering it into shards. She actually threw a stone! What the f*ck? Who'd do that? She doesn't have any clue what she did.

She struck where it hurt the most. I may be the wealthiest billionaire, but I cherish my initial earnings. It took me several years to save up enough money for this Mercedes Maybach, which I purchased with my first paycheck. I never let anyone touch it, but she just destroyed the windshield.

As I clenched my fists in rage, my nostrils flared. My veins budged through my temples, and my fists shook, wanting to smash something, no! everything into pieces. I run my trembling hand across my face, my back to her, unable to suppress my rage. As I returned my gaze to her, I saw her start the car and drive away. I hate to say it, but I wanted her to get out of my sight before I hurt her. This is just too much for a day.

All I wanted to do right now was go to my company and start working, simply to clear my head. 

I took out my phone and dialed Elliot's number,
"Good morning, Sir.
Mr. Albert has arrived, and everything is ready."

"WHERE IS KIARA?!" I roared, unconcerned about the tone I used. But he's grown used to it. I hate venting my frustration on him, but I couldn't stop myself. No, not today. "Sir, It's been 30 mins since she had gone to check the land that had been finalized yesterday. She should be here any minute now" He responded in hurriedly.

"Alright. You begin with the meeting without waiting for me. I will arrive in 5. Got it?" I demanded and hung up the call without waiting for his reply and called Kiara.

"Yes *AH!* Sir?!" She shrieked as she picked up the call. 

"What was that and where are you?" I inquired, perplexed.

"Nothing, sir! There was a bump on the road that I failed to notice..soo," she mumbled. There was a pause before she responded, as she must have recalled my second question.

"Ah, and I'm on my way to...." she said, pausing. "OH oh," she exclaimed, startling me.

"What?" I questioned, impatiently. "I can see you. Oh my God, Sir! Your c-car!" She exclaimed, and soon I heard a screeching sound of the wheels.

As I turned to the source of the sound, not before jumping backward, gasping in horror as I saw her car parked 1-2 centimeters away from mine, almost about to crash it. Why in the world is everyone so desperate to destroy my car today?!

"Jeez, WOMEN! trying to give me a heart attack, AREN'T YOU?!" I yelled, taking my frustration on her, only to see her pinching the tip of her nose and smiling sheepishly at me. Of course, she's not intimidated by me. Rolling my eyes at her, I instructed,

"Drop me off to the company and have one of my guards fix my car. I also want you to look into someone I'll be telling you about later. I need everything done by this evening" she nodded as she started the car and drove away.