2 - Train

________________________
1st September 1976

Laurie was finishing off packing her trunk by putting in the last few bits and bobs.

She picked up a hairbrush from her vanity and before she put it in her trunk she brushed through her hair quickly.

Her hair was long and straight with about four skinny plaits scattered on her head. She was wearing a pair of mustard orange, straight leg, suede trousers with a t-shirt that had the muggle band 'better daze' on and to finish it off she was wearing a pair of off-white mary jane shoes.

"Laurie! James is here" her mum called.

"Tell him to come up to me!" She shouted back.

James then peeked his head through her door and smiled at the girl that was mindlessly throwing her things into her trunk.

"Hello, hello" he said in a sing-song voice.

James and Laurie grew up as best friends, they lived out in the countryside so they were the only few houses for a good while. There was one other house but the boy who lived there was a muggle and his parents thought there was something odd about the Devereux girls and potters, so he was advised to stay away.

James was a certainly handsome sixteen year old boy. He was tall and well built from all the quidditch, his hair was messy and curls stuck up from all over despite his father being the inventor of sleekeasy hair potion and he wore round gold frame glasses.

Laurie was sure that if he wasn't in love with her friend Lily then she would fancy him.

"Hey, J" she smiled back.

"Your mums fit as always" he had now made himself very comfortable on her bed.

She picked up a red shoe that was on the chair of her vanity and threw it at him.

He caught it just as it was about to hit him "Woah! Woman, you'll take my eye out with these things"

"Maybe I should take out your eyes so you can't look at my mother within your filthy man gaze" she sassed.

"Don't sass me young lady, and your mother likes my filthy man gaze very much for your information"

"Oh yeah? Really" she sounded amused "and what about Lily?"

"Thalia knows where my priorities lie, she also knows that as long as I'm not with Lily I'm free all day just for her" he put his hands behind his head and wiggled his body.

"Ugh James you're such a creep" and she threw the other shoe.

This one he didn't catch and it hit him in the stomach but still, he just laughed.

"Are you even done yet? fuck sake Laur it doesn't take this long to get ready, you look beautiful as always" he said the last bit sarcastically.

"Actually if you gave me my shoes so I could put them away then id be done"

"Oh for Christ sake! She's bringing the death heals" and he blessed himself as he threw her the shoes back.

She put them in and locked the trunk.

"Will you get that?" she asked James.

"After you princess," he said after hopping up off the bed and over to her trunk.

***

James and Laurie were now on the train. They were in a compartment together waiting on the rest of their friends.

Peter Pettigrew and Remus Lupin arrived together.

Peter was the shyest of the group he was shorter too and had almost mouse-like features. Laurie thought he was the sweetest and most thoughtful though.