Introduction

Colour.

The planet's natural beauty of spreading multiple colour varieties for all to experience. When we categorise simple colours, such as blue, red and yellow, there is an endless list of names for each and every unique shade. Not only that, but mixing and experimenting with our three familiar primary pigments creates infinite possibilities for new colours to evolve. Some may say colour makes us who we are. Whether that be, which one is our favourite, what combinations we use in our clothing style, the similarities between the explosion of blue in one's eyes and the calming tides, it is what creates the thrill in life.

Colour is foreign to some.

When arriving into this world, it is instantly depicted what group you fall under.

Ablaze, the 'privileged ones'. People who fall under this category have the ability to see the planet in its true form. To signify they're born into this group, a blossomed flower tattoo that is engulfed in a variation of colours will be somewhere on their body. The lucky ones who are blessed with this gift are able to appreciate the striking colours offered everywhere you look.

And then there are the Achromics, the 'unfortunate bunch'. People who fall under this category are limited to the colours they can experience; perceiving the world in multiple shades of grey, black and white. There is a partial 'cure' to see the world at its full capacity. Similar to the Ablaze, the Achromics have a singular tattoo. This tattoo is of a flower shared with an Ablaze and is also placed somewhere on the body. The difference is that the flower given is closed and hidden, having not bloomed. Instead of being bright and scattered with colours, it is a shade of dark grey. Although, when the two who share the tattoo are connected by touch, a flood of colour is allowed for the Achromic to experience as long as the connection remains. Little by little, as the pair grow a platonic or romantic relationship, the unbosomed flower will slowly unfold itself. When the pairs link with one another has reached its peak, the flower will burst with colour and the Achromic will be gifted with the ability to see colour with the exception that the presence of their Ablaze must be nearby.

It seems simple, right?