2

The walk to school was surprisingly soothing; it had been over 10 years since I last walked to a school in Korea. Even though the walks in the UK were nice too, it never relaxed me as much as what it did in Korea. Something about the lively attitude in my town and the warm breeze, made it feel surreal.

Halting to a stop at the school gates, I briefly ran my finger along the skin behind my right ear. Despite there being no difference on the skin that had the closed Dahlia imprinted, it was like an instinct to immediately reach up to it. 

I covered my hair back over my ear to cover the tattoo and hesitated before walking into the school grounds. You're fine- you're fine–.

The school grounds were shockingly a lot quieter than what I had expected, for a second I began to doubt if I had arrived on time, this not being the first time. 

Internally groaning to myself, I frantically looked around the campus it's not like I didn't practically rehearse the preparations letter last night. 

This feeling of dread quickly vanished as I saw a taller student heading into the school building.

Speeding up my paste, I eventually caught up to the tall male student. I hovered a few feet behind him, unsure and too awkward to ask him for help.

Unexpectedly, the student whipped around and faced me.

My eyes widened in surprise, as I was startled by the sudden movement.

The boy peered down at me, as if he was trying to figure out a hard maths question.

He had deep brownish black eyes that gazed at me questionably. His jet black hair was slicked back slightly with a few parts framing the top of his forehead. Similar to all the other students, including me, he wore the 'boys' school uniform which consisted of a neat white collar t-shirt, a plain black tie, a black sweater with white lining surrounding the cut, and a black blazer. Well if the colours were any different, it's not like I would have known...

There was a brief moment of silence before the boy hunched over and laughed. "Oh my god! Your face!!" He cackled as he stood back up straight, still with a shit-eating grin on his face. "Ah I am sorry-"

I deadpanned, crossing my arms to make sure I looked more intimidating. "Don't do that."

"You're the one who was following me!" He pouted, slouching his posture.

So much for being intimidating. I suddenly began slightly embarrassed at the thought of how long he knew I was following him.

"Don't stress about it!" He laughed whole-heartedly and returned to his normal straight posture. "How can I help you?" At least he seemed like a nice guy...

"Oh- I need help finding room 2-13...?" I frowned, looking down at the timetable I had taken out of my pocket moments earlier, almost forgetting about the situation completely.

The boy moved next to me and read the timetable before smiling brightly. "Ohhh! You're the new student in class, that makes sense."

I frowned, unsure of how he knew.

The student seemed to pick up on my facial expression and elaborated. "We share the same class! Everyone in class has been talking about 'The Mysterious New Student', it was like a rumour for a while."

My mouth curved into an 'o' shape as the realisation hit me; I folded the timetable and placed it back into my blazer pocket.

" Shall we go? I'll tell you about our school on our way" The boy smiled cheerily, and started to walk in the opposite direction.

I soon followed him, my much smaller legs struggling to keep up with his wide steps. " What is your name?"

"Ah! I forgot I didn't tell you." He chuckled slightly, navigating us through the halls. "Hwang Hyunjin."

"Min Yeona." I replied, settling behind this Hyunjin at a comfortable speed, this didn't seem as bad as I was dreading so far.