Chapter 3

'Wait! What are you doing'
'Stop. Get off me'

I woke up, my heart racing, but a sigh of relief escaped my mouth as I felt my comfy bed. Grabbing my phone to see what the time was, the screen lit up making me squint. It was only six thirty am and knowing It was a Saturday, I tried falling back asleep. Tossing and turning for about half and hour I decided to just get up. I switched on the tv putting on pretty little liars and made a coffee.

After an episode of pretty little liars had finished, I hopped in the shower. My favourite thing was having a shower and putting on my ariana playlist that I would belt out. I couldn't even imagine what I sounded like but I enjoyed singing so I don't really care that it wasn't my strong suit.

Once I was dressed and sat back on the coach, my sister rang me.

"Hey"

"Hey sis. I just thought I'd call and ask how you're finding it in New York"

I could almost hear the longing for details and great stories she expected me to have. But the truth was it wasn't really how I expected it to be.

"Yeah it's good. Um I'm still trying to find my way round and settle in"

"Well maybe I can come visit in a few weeks"

"Yes. Yes I would love that more than anything" I practically shouted.

"I'll come in time for summer and your birthday of course. You only turn twenty one once" I could see her smile.

"Ugh I miss you and everyone. How are the cats?"

"They miss you especially Cloud"

"Well I better let you go otherwise you'll be spending a fortune for this call" I laughed.

"Bye bye Lucie smooshy"

"Bye Katie shmatey"

The rest of the morning I washed some clothes and cleaned up my apartment. I was eating my lunch when I heard a knock at the door. My heart started to race then realising how stupid I was being, went and opened the door.

"Hey. It's Lucie right?" a blonde haired girl beamed, holding what looked to be a plant.

"Uh yes. I'm Lucie" I smiled back.

"Oh sorry. God you must be thinking who the hell I am. I'm Maddy, I live just down the hall"

"It's so nice to meet you. Do you want to come in?" She nodded, a smile still plastered across her face.

"Do you want anything to drink? I have water, tea, coffee, coke"

"Um waters fine" a laugh slipping out.

"Oh almost forgot. For your apartment" she handed me a small succulent plant in a blue mosaic pot.

"You got that for me?" I said a little too shocked.

"Yeah. I thought a plant was better than some stupid casserole that you always see in movies" she smiled.

I liked her.

"So you're from England?"

"What gave it away?" I laughed.

"Mostly the accent and also when you offered me tea"

We talked for a while just getting to know each other. I found out she's from New York, works at a book shop and only moved into her apartment three months ago. Before she left, Maddy asked if I wanted to do something tomorrow.

"Yeah sure. The only thing is I don't really know many places in New York"

"I've got that covered I know basically every place in this city"

And with that she left. It was nice to have finally made a friend. I usually find it hard to make friends being an introverted and reserved person. Trust is a big thing for me, but she seems such a lovely person and quite similar to me really.