𝚘𝚗𝚎

350 PROSPECT PLACE was something that Elizabeth Ann Curtis hated even more than Darry's tight jeans

"Don't leave me!"

The girl laughed, while running around the swaying green grass accompanied by the cream colored tulips. Jumping as high as she could to catch the creatures attention.

A large but rather magnificent azure butterfly made its way onto young Elizabeth's pale button nose. She crossed her lustering Eau de Nill eyes while molding a smile on her elliptical face. 

"Mommy, Daddy look!" 4-year-old Elizabeth shouted

The couple ran over at the sight of their only daughter laughing while attempting not to scare the gentle creature that rested on her nose.

"What's wrong Elizabeth?" Her mother asked, bending down to her daughters level

"Look" Elizabeth whispered while gently pointing to the Butterfly that was gently opening and closing its lightly blue colored wings.

"Woah would you look at that," Mr. Curtis remarked

"I haven't seen one of these since I was a little boy," He said, couldn't help but let out a small laugh

"What, a butterfly?" Elizabeths older brother, Darrel, asked as he and two of her other brothers walked over to her.

Mrs. Curtis rolled her eyes as she smoothed out her eldest son's hair.

"Now Dear, don't be rude, anyways what were you about to say, honey?"

"This Butterfly, it's called a Holly-Blue, its rare, and legend says if you see one it'll bring you good luck for the rest of your life"

The dark eyebrows on Elizabeth's forehead shot up as her almond-shaped eyes squinted.

"Really?" she asked

Her father turned his attention over to his daughter, whose light green eyes were filled with hope and curiosity.

"Yeah you bet, but honey the butterfly landed on you! you'll have the life of your dreams"

Elizabeth let out a small, but loud giggle.

Due to her quick movements, the butterfly quickly flew away, leaving Elizabeth smiling. In awe, the Curtis family watched the creature make its way back into the woods amongst the never-ending hollow sage trees in the background.

Mrs. Curtis quickly looked at her slightly rusted, nonmetallic watch that rested on her light-skinned arm.

"Well, I don't know about you guys but we better get home if we want to make it in time to watch 'I love Lucy'" she spoke softly