Chapter 24

I leaned on the back of the seat of the car, Harry looked at me and I frowned with a smile. "Fasten your seatbelt" he warned so I nodded my head and did what he wanted me to. The aircon breeze inside froze me so much and I wondered if he felt the same way. But he looked chilled and relaxed in his seat while he was driving. I swallowed greedily, the road was as dark as a phone's black screen when it is turned off. Some trees passed us by and the way that the car moved was just right.

I felt the force of it getting into me, as every second passed, the faster the car moves but I didn't mind it because I felt too safe with Harry. I looked at what was in front of us but I saw nothing since it was so dark. A few minutes when he continued driving, I was shocked to hear him shout, "AGGHHH!" Because of that, I looked at him but within just a second, my sight turned black and blurry. "BOOGGSSHH!" I saw nothing but darkness and I felt that I leaned on something soft which was very unfamiliar.

I can't remember every single detail about it but the darkness was blinding and the silence was so deafening that even the silent sound of the wind was heard by my ears. A few moments later on, I opened my eyes and white was the only thing in front of me that I saw. After black, white entered. Then I wondered if it was heaven because it was so bright. My confusion became solved after I heard some people muttering. I looked down and realized that I was laying on a bed with soft and comfy foam and a pillow.

I looked at who was beside me whom I felt was there, it was a girl in a white uniform and beside him, a guy in a white uniform as well. They were not angels like what I thought of them. I looked at my other side, my left side, and noticed that someone was laying on a bed beside me, he had a bandage on his head and a red circle thing at the center of it. It took me a minute to realize that it was Harry and not a stranger. I sighed, then froze in silence.

I couldn't help myself but stare at him, so I did. After a minute, I noticed that he moved his head slightly so I tried to look away. When I was planning to get back into looking at him again, I realized that he was already awake. It was surprising how he was able to smile at me like that after we've been both taken into a hospital. I just smiled at him too since I thought it would be not so nice of me if I wouldn't. I moved my head around and looked for people around us.

I found no one familiar. They all looked like strangers so I lend all my attention to Harry who was just beside me. "How are you feeling?" He asked me while I thought I should have been the one who asked him that because he looked like his situation was worse than mine. He had a bandage on his head, a bandage on his neck, and a stretcher on his feet. "I'm okay, you?" I only had a bandage on my head which didn't hurt me that much so I worried a lot about him, looked like he was beaten.

He nodded first before he even answered my question and just like what I did earlier that night, he looked around. "I'm not so good." I slightly laughed about what he said even though I tried to hide it because I didn't want to offend him. It was just funny that he was suffering, it was his fault anyway. He didn't drive carefully but it was good that he didn't because I was with him in one hospital. I fixed my position on the bed because I wasn't comfortable anymore. Then I looked at him back. He smiled at me.

I took a deep breath and waited for him to start another conversation on a different topic. But I heard someone's familiar voice a little close but far from me. I looked in front of the bed where I was laying down and realized that it was Luke, a bouquet on his hand caught my attention, and a question like why was he there and how did he know that I was admitted at a hospital bumped my mind's inner part. "Hey, Celene" then I felt that Harry looked away, probably annoyed at seeing him in the hospital.

It was a public place and I didn't want to be rude so I greeted him back but made it obvious that it was just for show. "Hey" then I looked away, lending my attention to Harry, for some reason, I still felt his care but I tried not to be blinded by his fake gestures. "How are you?" I didn't answer him but when I looked at him, he was still in the same position when I saw him there first. But then he smiled when he looked at Harry who was looking at him, looked like he's insulted.

"Looks like someone can't drive you properly, sheesh" he laughed, it was obvious that he tried to tease Harry. "Can't you just go away? I'm being peaceful here, then you came." Then, Harry was the one who smiled next. It was like he tried to tease him back. What I said to Luke was intentional. It was just to let Harry grab a score. Disappointed met his eyes as he walked away. I sighed, after I chased him, he's been the one who chased me next right when I was not desperate for him anymore. I wish that happened before.

"Thanks for saving me! If I'm not like this, I might have punched him on his not so pretty face" Luke was good-looking. But I was not surprised that Harry did not acknowledge that. I laughed at his statement then he did the same thing. Maybe he realized that what he said was sarcastically insulting but funny. "No problem, I can't resist it when my best friend is getting bullied." He smiled at me, then nodded means that he thanked me for it, "I knew I can count on you!" Then he pointed his hands to pretty me.