Click, Click, Shut.

Click, click, shut.

Click, click, shut.

The same pattern continued all night. Click of the cameras, another, and Scott motioning for which door for Vincent to close. The night had started off with the usual banter, the sexual remarks, Scott's dismissal of him. But there are only so many jokes one can make in six hours.

"Left."

Vincent snapped out of thought at the sound of Scott's voice, going to shut the left door without question. And, of course, when Vincent checked the lights, there was Bonnie, same spot as usual. It didn't surprise him that Scott was so calm about this, nor that he was this good at this. They'd been working together for... For coming up on 15 years now. God, 15 years.
Vincent checked that the door was clear, opening it to an empty hallway. It felt like second nature, doing this. This job, this back and forth. It felt like second nature, standing next to him.

"Left, again."

Vincent shut the door, barely making out the outline of the rabbit in the dark hall before the metal slammed shut.

Scott was one of the few that stuck around from Fredbear's, other than himself and Henry. Vincent wasn't sure why. Scott could get a job anywhere. Tougher than most would give him credit for, not above hiding things for the companies sake, sickly sweet customer service tone when need be. Basically the perfect slime-ball any company needed to save face. And yet, he stayed here. He stayed, just as Vincent did. After seeing the atrocities, after seeing Vincent nearly bled to death. He was still here. Him and Vincent weren't that different in that manner, he supposed. Truly they weren't very different at all. But-

"Vincent?"

Vin lifted his head, turning to look at Scott.

"The door. You can open it now, he's in the dining room."

"Ah-" Vincent fumbled for the button, letting the door rise up into the ceiling again. "... I'm sorry."

Scott stared at him for a moment, as if tempted to say something, but simply went back to clicking around on the tablet. "It's... It's okay."

Vincent looked at the other male, the one he had known for so long. So many unspoken truths, so much time together. Yet they never really talked, did they? Not truthfully. They understood each other to a very personal level, and yet the tension behind it was thick enough to drown in.

Click, click...

Vincent watched his fingers dance around the tablet.

Click, click...

The way he studied the screen, how the bandages folded with each wrist movement. Angelic.

Click, click...

His face grew hot, transfixed on Scott's posture, the way his breaths sounded, the way he-

The way he turned to look Vincent in the eye.

Vin perked up, not having enough time to recover and play it off as shitty flirting. His lips pursed and he turned to check the hall light again, staring into the empty walkway.

"Vincent-"

What would he say? He was just staring at Scott. Caught staring. Caught in a fit of honesty, something he couldn't hide behind a perverted persona.

"Vincent."

He couldn't stand honesty. Not one bit. It scared him; it scared him to death.

"Afton."