Now what do we do?

Vincent stared down at the tea in his hand, swirling the liquid around in his cup. He took a deep breath, keeping himself from looking up at the man in front of him. The tension was killing him.
It had been like this for the past week. Their day shifts always collided, naturally. They needed the  both of them, or at least just Scott, there to run the business as normal. But things weren't as they'd normally run.

On a good day, it would start off with Vincent going to the second Security office, setting up the stage show. He'd do a quick test run, to the dismay of everyone working near the dining hall.
Once the show was set and ready to work, he'd move onto more minor things until the doors opened. Walking around, making sure everything was in check, maybe filling out leftover paperwork. Even hang out in the employees lounge if he got done soon enough.

That-... that was his first mistake.

Things between him and Scott had been weird since the incident at the office. At least, weird on Vincent's end. They'd glance at each other, and unlike before, the looks would never last. They'd both turn their heads away when their eyes met.
If Scott was in a room, Vincent would always find some excuse to go somewhere else.
The teases and jokes became less often. It didn't feel right, to make remarks like that, under the circumstances they had. The circumstances of last week.

That brought them to today.

The employees lounge was more of a "get out of work free" card, and everyone knew it. Thankfully, nobody really abused it except Mike. Well- that Vincent knew of, anyway. Not that he'd say anything. That was more Scott's department.

So, when Vincent popped in and saw Mike sat down at the employees table, tapping away at a Gameboy, he let out a sigh of relief. Normalcy.

He did his usual routine; made tea, watched TV, ignored Mike, sat down... Relaxed for the time being.

Until Scott walked in.

"Hello-hello, Mike," his voice rang out as he entered the office, pausing when he noticed the other man sitting across from Mike. "Vincent."

Vincent stared at him for a second before nodding quietly, quickly averting his gaze to stare down at his drink.
Mike didn't give much of a response other than a moody, "Morning."

Then it fell silent again.

Vincent loved the quiet, but for once, he wished they'd say anything.

Did Scott feel awkward, too? He would have to have. Right? But Scott was always an extrovert. Maybe it didn't matter as much to him as it did to Vince.

Vincent tightened his grip on his mug. Would it be rude to leave now, right after Scott walked in? Would that be too obvious?

And, as if his prayers were answered, just as he took a sip of his tea, the chatter between Mike and Scott started.
Something about Mike's hours. Vince wasn't listening.

He glanced up from behind his cup to look up at the taller man, who didn't immediately notice him. But, when he did, it seemed as though they were back to their new normal. Quickly looking away from each other.

Mike trailed off in what he was saying, probably noticing that he wasn't being listened to in the slightest. He looked in between Vincent and Scott, and thought for a moment.

"Alright, well," Mike started, standing up and clearing his throat. "I'll let you guys get back to... whatever this is. I'll talk to you later, PG,"

"Right, yeah. Talk to you later, man," Scott said, waving Mike out the room. As soon as the other guard shut the door behind him, Vincent winced at the silence.