Chapter 0: ???

"Hmph... Let's see who will fulfill my ideal candidate..."

A mysterious entity lazily swipes multiple screens of various humans along with descriptions in a dark room, with only the faint glow of a blue transparent box hovering revealing the entity's dismay.

"I need someone who has the greatest potential but all these mortals fall short... how disappointing."

However soon the bored expression turned into that of amusement.

"Oho, what is this?"

Name: Jonathan Ryder

Species: Human

World: Earth

Description: An ordinary human, that rarely goes out except when they have to work and obtain nourishment. Estranged from their family due to their excessive obsession with being the best in gaming. Spends the majority of their time playing a virtual game known as Mystic Online which leads them to have an exceptional amount of knowledge in strategy and skill. As a result, they have a strong will and won't give up easily no matter the odds.

"Not extremely outstanding, but they should do just fine! This will be very interesting... How ironic that they lead such a pathetic life yet wish to become something more."

The entity laughs as they sit up and hold on to the image of the human of interest, glowing bright blue before showing a live feed of the human.

"Huhu, just you wait mortal, your wish is about to become reality..."

It lays back, using its powers mysteriously by simply gesturing with its hands, creating multiple blue boxes in an unknown language.

The entity's machinations begin the story of the birth of a legend, a calamity that will change a world forevermore.