Chapter 19

"Tum chalo jis dagar
Woh meri raahguzar
Aankhein bolein
Ho lab pe khamoshi
Aankhein bolein
Ho lab pe khamoshi"

She is rocking, holding her knees in front of three pictures. Each decorated with fresh garlands.

That's how he found her again.

Naina took an excuse from him for 2 hours after reaching Nainital, as there is time till they will be allowed to see Aalia.

He left her in front of a desolate house, wondering why she wanted to visit. But after 2 hours when she didn't come back, he came looking for her.

He can see that she had just cleaned up the house. She is sitting in front of three big pictures, one young man and two elders. There are incense sticks burning in front of them.

She is crying and talking, sitting in front of them.

"Mujhe kyu nahin le gaye Maa Baba apne sath? Kyu yahan chod dia? Kyu?

.........

Bhaiya aapne unhe daanta nahin mujhe akele chod ke chale gaye? Mai yahan akele rah gai....

Pahle to aap log mujhe akele chod kar bazar bhi nahin jate the aur ab dunia me hi akele chod dia?

...

I am tired now....please call me there too...please...

Kuch nahin bacha mere pass ab yahan rukne ke lie...sab kuch cheen lia hai is dunia ne....I had enough now....please.....please...bula lo mujhe bhi...

Huhhhh...

Uhhuhhh"

He is stunned at witnessing her so broken. The girl who is strong generally, is so vulnerable now.

He entered the house slowly and sat besides her.

She sensed his presence and wiped her tears.

"I ...I am sorry....Mujhe dhyan hi nahin rahan waqt ka...mai abhi ati hu....", she said getting up hurriedly.

He held her hand to stop her from leaving, "ye tumhara parents hai?"

She looked at him with fresh tears and in a chocking voice said, "Han...aur vo Bhaiya hai. Sab .....sab chale gaye mujhe chod kar".

She cried again and he felt so helpless looking at her like that.

"I am sorry....aap bhi soch rahe honge ki kitni kamzor ladki hai ye....how can a weak person like me be in Army", she said wiping her tears clumsily.

He couldn't control himself anymore and held her shoulders, "it's ok Naina....you don't have to be strong always. You are allowed to be weak sometimes".

"To be weak is a luxury which I can't afford. Insan kamzor tabhi ho sakta hai jab use koi sambhalne vala ho....and there is no one left... to hold me anymore", she said breaking down once again.

Naushad have tears in his eyes too. Her pain, her loneliness is now hurting him. He took her in his arms gently.

She really needs some comfort now. She held him tight as well, taking some strength from his warmth.

"I am sorry, Naina", he said.

She asked with her face buried in his chest, "Kyu?".

"Bas aise hi", he mumbled.

He is holding her for sometime until he can feel her sobs coming down. He is patting her hairs and when she is in a bit of control, she pulled away a little.

They looked at each other.

His eyes are looking at her deeply and strange thing is that Naina doesn't feel uncomfortable.