Chapter 26

"There is nothing.....they already knew we were coming", one of the search commandos said.

Gunny signalled them to wrap up the search and they are leaving.

"Let's leave", he said to Naina without using her name.

She is looking at a tree trunk very keenly nodded at his voice.

They left the place immediately.

"I think we should assist the other team", Nihar(commando) said.

"What's the status there?", Gunny asked.

"All clear till now but the more time these things will take the lesser impact we are going to create", Nihar replied.

"Fine. Let's join them. Although I feel they are tipped", Gunny said taking a deep look towards Naina.

She looked at him understanding what he means. She is under cover today also.

"You should stay here, while we look", Gunny said pressing her hand.

Naina fidgeted with the touch but nodded in agreement.

Gunny noticed her body language change. He is noticing it during the operation today. She is not normal.

Jumping on any sudden activity. Careful not to make any body contact. She is clearly effected with that episode of Irfan.

But he can't confront her here as they are on mission and surrounded by many others.

As they found their destination, all of them except Naina and the driver got down. They started to drift apart whereas Naina who changed in regular clothes went down secretly to go to market. She is simply aiming to observe while buying stuff.
———————————————————————

"Hiii....Meher didi"

She looked up at the familiar sound and found Aaliya smiling at her.

She picked her up instantly and Aaliya's face lit up.

"Aap aj yahan? Aap school nai gaye?", Meher asked genially.

"Gaye the. Aj Naina ko kuch kam tha to Abbu hume yahan le aye aur hume aap mil gaye", she said in her sweet chiming voice.

Meher kissed her cheek. She is very fond of this child.

"Aap aur Abbu fir se sath kam karne lage? Abbu ne to kahan tha ki aap dur chale gye hai aur padhai karne", Aaliya asked with her round eyes.

"Hmm...chale to gaye the. Par fir humari padhai khatam ho gai islie hum yahan vapas aa gaye", Meher replied.

"Ohh....to ab aapki padhai khatam ho gai hai to ab aap shadi karengi?", she asked innocently.

Meher chuckled over it, "nahin. Ab hum kam karenge".

"Acha...fir aapko husband kaise milenge?", she asked thoughtfully.

"Aaliya...aapko kitni bar samjhaya hai na ki Abbu ko bataye bina aise nahin jate. Abbu aapko kab se dhundh rahe hai", Naushad said who came here looking for Aaliya.

"I am sorry Dr. Mirza. Aaliya ne aapko jyada pareshan to nahin kia?", he asked picking Aaliya up.

"Jee bilkul nahin... Aaliya aur hum to bas baaten kar rahe the", she replied looking sweetly at Aaliya.

Aaliya smiled back at Meher.

"Abby hume jane de. Hum kahin nahin jayenge bas aapke office me Asim ke sath khelenge", she said looking at Naushad.

He shakes his head over her tantrums, "pakka promise".

"Han", she agreed and got down to run towards his office.