Chapter 2

We do some research and decide to take a break. I walk downstairs and grab a coke.

"You want anything," I ask Hayes.

"Yea just a coke," he says and I hand him a coke.

"Want some chips," I say pulling out a bag of Doritos.

"Yea sure," he says and I walk back upstairs. We sit back down on my bed and the chips.

"So what do people like you do for fun," he asks.

"What does that mean."

"What do good girls do for fun."

"I can be bad."

"Yea sure answer my question."

"I like to listen to music, watch American Horror Story, shop, and you know my phone is life."

"Sounds exciting," he says sarcastically.

"What do you like to do for fun."

"I like to vandalize shit."

"Of course you do," I say shaking my head.

He laughs "so there's a party tonight you should come," he says.

"My mom said no parties."

"And your brothers going."

"Yea I know but-."

"your coming, I'll pick you up at 7, see you then," he cuts me off then leaves.

I have an hour to get ready so I walk down the hall to Tate's room.

"Hey Tate are you going to that party later," I ask walking into his room.

"Yes why."

"Because I want to go and someone invited me."

"Okay Umm mom can't know about this."

"No really," I say and walk out.

I walk to my room and start curling my hair. I finish my hair and walk to my closet and pull out an outfit. (Above)I keep my original makeup and just do some touch ups and it look better.I look at my phone and see that it's 7.

I hear a knock at the door a few minutes later. I walk downstairs and open the door.

"Hey my brother's taking us, and it's at my house by the way," he says as I walk out "and you look great," he says.

"Thanks so do you," I say. He changed into a flannel over a black shirt shirt and changed his snapback but everything else was the same.

"Duh," he says opening the door for me. I have to sit in the middle because a boy with an afro and braces was sitting by the other window.

"This is Nash, that's Cameron, and this is Tez," he says pointing out all the boys.

"So this is Kennedy," Nash says more as a question pulling out of my driveway.

"Yea," Hayes says as I just sit there quietly. We pull up to someone else's house.

"Umm so we thought maybe you could sit sit in someone's lap since Shawn's coming," Nash says.

"Me," I ask.

"Yes," Nash says. My eyes go wide. Hayes pats his lap grinning. I cross my arms and sit on his legs.

The guy who in guessing is Shawn gets in. Hayes put his hand on my thy. I smack it off and shake my head. We get to the party a and I jump out.

"So having fun yet," Hayes says and raps his arm around me.

"So much," I say sarcastically.

He laughs "oh just wait it gets better."

"Great."

"So lover boy how many girls are you going to be with tonight."

"Eh just you."

I roll my eyes "yay," I say sarcastically. He laughs and we get inside.

"Want a drink," he asks.

"Nope."

"Yea you do here," he says handing me a red solo cup. I take a sip of it and it burns my throat. I make a face which I guess was funny to Hayes.

"Hey sis," Tate says tipsy.

"Hey," I say laughing at the way he's talking.

"So you came I'm sooo happy abooout that," he says slurring.

"Yea," I say dying of laughter.

{Two Hours Later}

Tate is wasted I'm bussing and Hayes is sitting on the bar stool next to me.

"I'm tired," I say looking at Hayes.

"You can go up to my room it's the first door on the left," he says.

"Okay thanks," I say and walk upstairs and to his room. I take my shoes off and lay in his bed and slowly drift to sleep.