The death of a friend

A/N: English isn't my first language.

Dark.

Silence.

Cold.

He was lying on the ground, his body was shacking. He felt too cold but couldn't do anything about that. He didn't have any blankets. He tried to take a deep breath, but he only succeeded to cough. Naruto tried to open his eyes but he failed at that too. Because he couldn't move, he tried to sleep. It was the only thing he could do properly. However, a whisper inside his head stopped him.

"Kit."

Kurama ? It was weeks since he hadn't heard him. The young boy thought that he was gone too, like everyone else. Sakura, Kakashi, Gaara, Shikamaru... and even Sasuke. How was it possible ? Were they so weak ? Was he so weak ? What has he done to lose everything he cherished in his life? He couldn't think about them. He felt a tear fall on his cheeks but he hadn't had enough strengh to wipe it down.

The fourth shinobi world war was finished and it had been a disaster for the shinobis. Everyone was now in an endless dream, trapped inside of it, with no way to escape it. Madara has been too powerful for all of them, and Naruto didn't stop him. He tried so, so many times but it was never enough. And now... he was also trapped but he, unlike the rest of the shinobis, was unchained with chakra chains. If he tried to use his chakra, the chains would activate themselves and drain his energy until death.

He tried to kill himself because there were no reasons for him to live anymore, but everytime Kurama stopped him. He said that it wasn't the end and that he had an idea to fix everything. But Naruto couldn't believe him anymore. He couldn't hope, because hope was even more cruel than his chains.

Hope has vanished this world since he lost the war and his friends.

Madara unchained him, just like Sasuke, because they both tried to stop him and it was their "punishment". It was their punishment to try to save the world. Naruto didn't know if Sasuke was still unchained or if he was dead. He didn't know where he was, where Madara took him.

"Kit."

The voice was more insistent now. Naruto wondered if he was not hallucinating. Kurama hasn't spoken to him since he tried to kill himself the other time. Perhaps he was losing his mind. He wasn't really surprised.

"Kit. I can't speak to you because of you. You always push me back and you don't even realise it."

"S-Sorry... Kurama" His voice was so low he had trouble to hear himself. Was he deaf now ? It didn't matter, he told himself, because there was no one to listen to.

"Will you listen to me, now ?" Kurama sighed loudly but remained calm. Naruto noticed that the fox was now more patient with him. This thought made him smile. His fox has grown so much since he met him; he was so proud of the biju.

Kurama rolled his eyes. "Brat. You are so annoying, you can't even focus on what I'm saying".

"Sorry."

"Stop to apologize like that but I have an idea and I want you to listen".

Naruto frowned "No." His voice was just a whisper but was firm. "I don't want to listen to your idea, okay ? Go back to sleep and leave me alone."

.

Kurama wasn't surprised of his reaction. He had tried to talk to him for several weeks now but he refused to listen to him. His brat has lost hope and wasn't fighting anymore. But the fox couldn't let his friend die like that. He just could'nt admit that. Kurama wasn't furious to him, because, in a way, he understood Naruto very well. He also had lost hist friends. Shukaku, Matatabi, Isobu, Son Goku, Kokuo, Saiken, Chomei, Gyuki... all of them died because of this Uchiha. Kurama hated him. He hated him so much for everything he has done to him, but also to Naruto. He wanted so much to kill him, to see his life leave him and to see (finally) an empty body with no evilness inside of it.