the gold broach (her pov)

"so, what happened to you that night, from what you know of?"

"he holds my hand and guides me inside the room. the room was lit up with purple led lights giving me a dizzy feeling. that wasn't the only thing that would make me feel dizzy that night.
opening his mini fridge, he grabs some coke and opens the cap. i couldn't tell at the time because my vision was already blur but he had slid something in that coke. hence the reason i'm here today."

i stop talking and the police officer looks me in the eyes. he could see that this was a struggle for me.
i could barely breathe.

"would you like some water, ms _?" he offers

i nod my head and he calls someone on his radio.
within 5 minuets a lady walks with some cold water. i take a sip. it helped clear my throat a bit.

"do you wish to continue, ms _?"

"i do. i drink some of the coke and we just continued talking as normal. i start to feel light headed after about 10 minuets and asked if i could go outside for some fresh air. he refused. i fell on the floor and after that everything just went dark."

"and after you woke up, what did you see?" he questions

"i woke up and i was on the floor. the lights were off so i tried to get up and turn them on but it was like my body was paralysed, i could barely move."

"that must've been horrific for you, ms _."
he paused to type something on his computer.

"do you remember what this man looked like?" he continued

"um, he had dark scruffy hair, tired eyes and, um, - a broach. a gold broach." i remember

"dark scruffy hair, tired eyes and.. a broach?"

"yes, a gold broach with a star on it. if i remember right his mother gave it to him before she passed. he always wore it, never took it off."

"that's an important detail, ms _. and that's all for today! thankyou so much for your statement. we will see you within 2/3 weeks. we will try our best within this time to find the man who done this to you."
he states, closing his laptop and pressing his hands together.

"thankyou, sir."

he smirks

i pick up my bag from the floor and walk out of the room.

before i leave i look down one more time at his name tag. "police officer _" it wrote.

and above it, of course, was a gold broach.