OS: The Afternoon that changed my life

OS: The Afternoon- That changed my life..

By Roja_Arshi

It was an usual afternoon, khushi returned from her college. She was in her final year graduation. As soon as she was about to step inside her house she heard, her mom and  grand maa scolding his brother…

Maa- you always do this, never listen to anyone. Don’t know how can some one become so shameless… this is what you are taught at your school..

Her bro who is in class 9th- oh come on maa, why you overreact??  I have just hit his head, he is not dead..

Grand maa- am telling you bahu, he is going to be your next father-in –law. Shameless like him???  Your son always destroy everything. jo kabhi kuch bana nehi sakta wo sifr tod sakta he…

Maa- maji, I know my son is doing wrong but you should not talk to him like that..

Grand maa- han, in this whole house am only unwatned.. I am only wrong, from the day my son has married you everything got changed… you are such a curse on me.

Maa- what is your problem maji?? Why you always talk to me like that.. it has been 23 years to our marriage, but till you are not pleased  with me. If you have a lot of problem with me, then why you allowed you son to marry me…

Grand maa- don’t know what black magic you have done with him that he never listen to me…

Suddenly they heard some sound and went inside, her brother had broken the TV of her room…

Bro- now don’t start your scolding.. am fed up with you guys…

And their quarreling again started.

Khushi closed her eyes and went away. She sat on a wooden bench in a park near her house and remembered their childhood, how happy she was with his father and mother. They always used to pamper her a lot, but with the change of time everything got changed.

Her mother and father started fighting unnecessarily. Even she started going away from her parents. Her superhero, her papa, now was not same as he was in past. She did not know why and what was happening in her life. after 12th, she was sent to hostel. That time she was really excited hoping to enjoy a new life. but after some months at hostel everything started changing. All say this that she is very arrogant and does not talk with anyone. She is very rude.

But till now, khushi was unable to find why they used to say like this. Yes she was a very silent type of girl. She did not like to have friendship with all, she has very few friends. After some day, it became pain full to her seeing hatreds in everyone’s eyes for her. Why this society never takes anyone’s nature as good, why they always assume based on their outlook.

All started going away from her again, she left hostel and shift to her house in 2nd year of graduation degree. But at her home all was like same as she had left in past. Even now situation was getting more bad. Her father was always busy in accusing her mother, her mother was always busy in accusing her grand maa and her grand maa was always busy in accusing her parents.

She was confused who was right and who was wrong. Why it always happened to her? Why when ever she tries to be happy, only tears remain in her eyes. She was fed up with their daily quarrelling. She had started hating them slowly…

She was a good student at her school. All teachers praised her always. One day a boy came in her life and without knowing anything she fell in love with him. But that boy was just passing his time with her and left her after school. She cried but never asked him to come back to her.

Life goes one. She came back to reality feeling the touch of something warm. She looked at her hand, oh yeah it was her tear. Was she overreacting?? Was she taking everything in a wrong way??? Was she doing wrong by maintaining distance from her close one? But really she had no idea what she was doing and why?