Hi! I'm Elena Gilbert

Elena Gilbert, a seventeen-year-old brunette. Her life wasn't always tragic, it used to be happy. She was living in a paradise until it all crumbled down and shattered into million pieces. 

It was the first day of school and she was sitting in her room writing in her diary pretending as if everything was fine.

Dear diary,

Today will be different. I can feel it. I will smile, and it will be believable. My smile will say "I'm fine, thank you." "Yes, I feel much better." I will no longer be the sad little girl who lost her parents. I will start fresh, be someone new. It's the only way I'll make it through. People die and you move on. And I have to move on.

With that, she closed her diary and went downstairs to get something to eat before leaving. Following her normal routine with a sad "I got this" thought in her head.

"Toast. I can make toast." Jenna offered.

"It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna," Elena told her aunt with a soft and small smile.

"Is there coffee?" Jeremy asked.

"Your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared. Lunch money?" Jenna was unsure and worried that she might screw this whole guardian thing up. Elena knew what her aunt was going through and wanted to help her but she couldn't, she wasn't even ready to help herself.

"Nah I'm good," Elena said. While Elena refused Jeremy accepted it with an eye roll to which's reply, Jenna sighed.

"Anything else? A number two pencil? What am I missing?" The aunt asked while putting her hands on her hips. As much as she wouldn't admit, she was nervous about taking over this whole guardian thing.

"Don't you have a big presentation today?" She asked her aunt who was clearly late.

"I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at...now. Crap!" 

"Then go. We'll be fine."

Jenna nodded gratefully, took her bag and left the house. After their parents' death, Elena's mother's younger sister moved back to Mystic Falls and began taking care of both teens. And it had been stressful.

Their mornings weren't always like this, they weren't always in a hurry to get out of each other's faces. There once used to be a time when the Gilberts' mornings were filled with laughter, glee and music but that changed ever since Elena and Jeremy realized that they had become orphans. 

After eating an apple Elena left the house and hugged her best friend Bonnie Bennett who was driving her to school on the first day of back to school.

Bonnie and Elena were best friends for as long as they could recall. Bonnie's a beautiful and attractive young woman with light brown skin, olive-green eyes, a heart-shaped face, and wavy black hair. She's sweet and caring.

------

In the car, Bonnie began telling Elena about things that have been going on in her life. Though Elena was interested and wanted to listen her mind wouldn't allow her.

"So Grams is telling me I'm psychic. Our ancestors were from Salem, witches and all that, I know, crazy, but she's going on and on about it, and I'm like, put this woman in a home already! But then I started thinking, I predicted Obama and I predicted Heath Ledger, and I still think Florida will break off and turn into little resort islands...Elena! Back in the car." Bonnie said as she noticed Elena was not paying attention.

"I did it again, didn't I? I--I'm sorry, Bonnie. You were telling me that..."

"That I'm psychic now."