Something's off in the Falls

Scene: The next morning in school (history class).

"The Battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this battle? Ms. Bennett?" Mr. Tanner asked Bonnie.

"Um... a lot? I'm not sure. But like a whole lot." The class laughed lightly at her reply.

"Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms. Bennett. Mr. Donovan? Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?"

"It's okay, Mr. Tanner, I'm cool with it." Matt said making the class chuckle once again.

"Hmm. Elena? Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significantly historical events?"

Elena doesn't say anything for a second but as Mr. Tanner was about to insult her, she spoke up.

"There were 346 casualties. Unless you're counting local civilians," she answered.

"That's correct. Well, except, of course, there were no civilian casualties in this battle."

"Actually, there were 27, sir. Confederate soldiers fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. It was a night of great loss. The founder's archives are stored in the civil hall if you'd like to brush up on your facts, Mr. Tanner." She added smoothly turning the tables.

Mr. Tanner was out of words and taken back while everybody was laughing silently at the history teacher. Stefan, however, was staring at Elena with what seemed to be a little smile and curiosity. Elena didn't have to look at Stefan to know that he was staring at her.

------

Scene: Afterschool, at Elena's house.

Elena's POV

I have to get ready for the party, I go to my closet to pick a dress and end up wearing a sparkly black dress with matching heels and a silver bracelet. I apply a bit of lip gloss, mascara and eyeliner to finish my look.

"Elena! someone's at the door for you, he says his name is Luke." Jenna shouts.

HE IS HERE!

I go downstairs and see him standing with a smirk on his face. I jump-hug him and he stumbles as I wrap my legs around him. 

"Okay, okay I know you missed me," Luke says while chuckling.

Luke was born and raised in London, how we met is a long story. He's a blonde with green eyes and has a to-die-for British accent although he just likes to talk shit. He's the typical playboy that all the girls I know would love, but to me, Luke's my best friend.

We stay like that for a while before things could get awkward and I get off him while he smiles a little.

"So, I suppose you were going somewhere?" Luke asks.

"Yeah, I have a party, hey, why don't you join me?"

"I wouldn't want to-" Before Luke can say anything else I cut in. "Come on! you hardly come to visit me in Mystic Falls, and I would feel bad if I don't spend time with you the time while you're here." I pout.

"Okay, okay fine."

"Where even is this party?" He asks as we get out of the house.

"It's at a club."

-------

As we reach, I see Caroline flirting with Stefan, Bonnie making out with Lisa, and Matt arguing with Tyler, all the eyes turn on me as I enter. I ignore everyone and refuse to make eye contact with anyone before heading toward Bonnie and Lisa who stop making out at the sight of me. They aren't dating, they're friends... with benefits.