A Well-Desired Demon

"Baby, I'm a sociopath

Sweet serial killer on the warpath

'Cause I love you just a little too much

I love you just a little too much"

Stefan returned to the boarding house. He expected to be greeted by an oh so familiar smirk on the face of a seductively charming and very dark vampire whose good looks, style and charm make him just too hard to resist but instead he was welcomed by the voice of his distant nephew Zach.

"You promised," he said before showing Stefan a newspaper article.

"This was an animal attack, not me." Stefan defended himself as he wasn't the one behind those unusual attacks, it had been years since he last tasted human blood, that too straight from the vein. And Damon had just come into town, he couldn't be behind the deaths either. Or at least that was what the younger Salvatore thought.

"Don't give me that. I know the game. You tear them up enough monstrously, and everyone always suspects an animal attack... Uncle, you said you had it under control." Zach stated angrily.

"And I do." Stefan tried to remain calm.

"Please, Uncle Stefan. Mystic Falls is a different place now. It's been quiet for years, but some people still remember. And you being here, it's just going to stir things up."

"You know that it's not my intention."

"Then what is? Why did you come back? After all this time, why now?"

"I don't have to explain myself," Stefan said trying to end the conversation.

"I know that you can't change what you are. But you don't belong here anymore."

"Then where do I belong?" Stefan said loudly.

"I can't tell you what to do. But coming back here was a mistake." Zach exclaimed for the last time before Stefan rolled his and went to his room.

He wondered where Damon was, and how to break the news of his arrival to Zach who was already mad at Stefan's own.

He had made sure that Elena was not with his brother so he could sleep peacefully without thinking of any scenarios with Elena being another one of Damon's victims. But even if Elena was safe, there was somebody out there, who wasn't. Not when monsters like him and his brother could freely roam the streets of Mystic falls or the planet for that matter.

Just the thought of Damon draining the life out of someone's body made him shudder. But the thought of that 'someone' being Elena infuriated him. He would never forgive his brother for harming Elena.

Eventually, he decided to take pity.

Pity on that 'someone' by saving them.

He searched the places where he considered his brother to be but returned home with no luck.

When he entered the room, a crow appeared, flying in from the balcony. When Stefan turned around to face the balcony he saw a dark figure of a man standing there. This time instead of letting his psychopath brother have the first and final word, he spoke up.

"Crow's a bit much, don't you think?"

"Wait till you see what I can do with the fog." The older brother replied with his classic smirk.