Chapter 4

Also, in case y'all missed the announcement, the faceclaim for Makhal is me. You can find my pictures in my taggs book in the chapter titled My Pics. Anyways, hope y'all enjoy this chapter!

The next day had arrived. Once the group had eaten breakfast, they headed to a nearby mall in one of the limos. Michael wore Archer's dark brown pants and navy blue shirt while Makhal sported dark leather pants and a black sleeveless shirt with gold wire and black heeled studded boots to match. The addition of the quartet dressed as bodyguards secured their look of a high–profile rich couple.

"Once we step out of this vehicle, you must smile all the time while with me and act as if we really are in love

"Once we step out of this vehicle, you must smile all the time while with me and act as if we really are in love. Don't leave our sight, even for a second."

Blade cleared his throat in an obnoxious manner. Miraculously, Makhal understood the hint and took several seconds to compose herself. "And uh, feel free to get whatever you want. I'll pay for it."

Michael simply uttered a small "Thank you" and resumed his silence all the way to the mall. Once they stepped out of the vehicle, Makhal wrapped her hand around his waist. The action caused him to flinch and instantly become uncomfortable as he fought hard against the urge to rip her hand off him.

"Put your arm around me and smile," she said with a cheerful smile dripping venom. Hesitantly, he draped his arm across her shoulders and smiled at her before they began walking inside.

Michael had no idea how he managed to appear happy around her when all he wanted to do was escape. However, he knew she wouldn't hesitate to kill him before he even made it out the door. And so, he was stuck with her. For now.

As soon as they walked through the doors, it felt like all eyes were on them. And why wouldn't they be? They looked like they either owned the place or could buy it from the owner. Which, in fact, they very much could.

The "couple" strolled into a men's department store to first buy some tuxes for Michael for the upcoming congregation in two weeks. Makhal didn't even let him go into the dressing room to try on the clothes. Instead, she made him try the blazers on his existing shirt in front of her and estimated his shirt size saying they can return them later if it's not the right fit.

This same process repeated itself for each clothing and shoe store they went to for him, along the way Makhal too picking up some things for herself. Since they had gathered so many bags in the process, she instructed Archer, Dom, Blade, and Rogue to put them in the vehicle while she and Michael got some ice cream together.

"Like this?" she asked as they got their ice cream and sat down at a table outside the shop. Beautiful boxes of flowers hung from the side of the black fence separating them from the rest of the mall.

"L–Like what?" Michael asked startled.

"The clothes, the ice cream, the experience."

"Oh. They're good."

Makhal raised a brow. "Only good?"

Gulping, Michael responded "I–I'm really grateful that you're doing this."

She chuckled at him then leaned closer. "Tell me Michael, do I intimidate you?"

Though he wanted to lie, he knew she'd see right through him. And he wasn't interested in potentially making her angry. So, he opted for the truth instead. "Y–Yeah."

She smirked to herself. Then, leaning forward she pointed to his cup. "What flavor did you get?"

"Um, it's apple cider doughnut ice cream."

She looked at him with a blank expression, not at all expecting that that would be the flavor that would come out of his mouth.

"What?"

"Um, it's apple cid-" Michael was abruptly cut off.

"I heard what you said." Makhal snapped.

Michael immediately shut up and went back to paying attention to his ice cream. His eyes drifted to the shirt on his torso. Even though he had on these high quality, expensive articles of clothing and looked rich enough to afford buying this place out, it still didn't change the fact that he was pretty much her prisoner and his life was in her hands.

"Let me try some."

His head shot up, immediately brought out of his thoughts. "Oh, um-"

She didn't wait for his answer as she reached into his bowl with her spoon and took a big scoop. And along with that, Michael's appetite.

"Mmm, this is actually really good."

Michael hummed in agreement, not really wanting to engage in conversation with someone who stole his freedom as well as his ice cream.

"You know, Archer actually no longer likes this ice cream because of an incident that happened."

Against his wishes, Michael's interest was piqued. "Really?"

"Mhm." Makhal looked around to make sure Archer wasn't around then began explaining. "He once was trying to make this ice cream for us since none of us had had it before. And he refused to go to any ice cream parlors to get it for us, saying something about how we need to try homemade first."

Very surprisingly, Michael found that he was invested in the story now. And slowly regaining some of his appetite.

She continued, "But, Archer didn't check the heavy cream expiration date. So naturally, the whole thing was a disaster."

Michael let out a small chuckle since he did genuinely think this was kind of funny. Who knew even the biggest, baddest mafia bosses would have normal stories about normal life too.

Rogue and Dom made their way back to them while the other two kept an eye on their vehicle. Once they finished their ice cream, they began walking back to the van. Though he still wasn't fully comfortable around her, he felt some of the tension ease up ever so slightly between them.

Deciding to draw their shopping trip to a close, the group finally started heading back to the vehicle in higher spirits than when they arrived. But what they didn't know was that Makhal and Michael were being watched. And this observer certainly didn't have good intentions.