Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11 : sᴏᴄɪᴇᴛʏ? ɪs ɪᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇx?

Sorry for the late update, just busy with school works lately.
Comment for any grammatical errors, supports, and criticisms. Every comment is accepted.

Anyways, on with the story!

——

A day after the performance...

“Extra, extra! We've got everything you need to know about the two performances! It's a special edition!” The seller of the newspaper called out while holding a bunch of rolled up newspaper about the performance. Students who bought the newspaper scanned it as if there was no tomorrow. They talked about the performance, warping the story to the point that it just makes no sense. Even other students believed it and passed it down to others, making the fake story spread like a virus.

Jack kept walking through the halls of the academy. Lunches in hand, he slowed down his pace once he passed a group of students talking about the perfromances, “Wow that wolf is scary!”

“I couldn't show up to either perfromance,” a female gazelle noted, keeping an eye on the newspaper.

“What?! I saw both perfromances!” The female gazelle turned to her friend, “Really?! How was it?”

“It was amazing! They were punching, kicking and stabbing each other! 'Till the wolf shot the tiger with a machine gun and set him on fire!” her friend mimicked the actions with his hands for more damatic effect which made Jack quicken his pace again.

Whoa, whoa, he's warping the events too much! I need to hurry...

After a few minutes of walking, he reached the rooftop of the building that has a dry, unused, olympic pool with a certain large grey wolf sitting on the lower ledge of the pool.

He sat beside Legoshi and gave him two egg sandwiches before Jack pulled out his own bread, “Here are our lunches!”

Legoshi turned his wolfy gaze at the lab, “Thanks...” he mumbled, removing the wrappings of one egg sandwich and freeing it from it's restraints, “You were right at not going to the cafeteria, Legoshi.”

“I figured... What does everyone think about it?”

“Your act of violent rage is on the front of the school newspaper and everyone's buying a copy so it's selling out,” Jack munched on his food as Legoshi's eyes widened, “Th- the front? Of the newspaper? You... You're kidding right?”

“I'm not,” Jack pulled out a newspaper and smiled. Upon seeing the newspaper, Legoshi reeled back with a sweat and scrunched eyebrows, “They even got some nice pictures of you!”

Your smile was twitching a bit, though...

“Thought I'd buy one for the occasion!” Still with a smile, Jack started skimming through it as Legoshi beside him relaxed and stared at him.

Legoshi's confused as to why Jack was still treating him like a friend, maybe Jack saw the performance? He still treats Legoshi like nothing happened as usual. Maybe he doesn't know that Legoshi's acting wasn't acting at all.

Jack chuckled, pulling Legoshi out of his thoughts, “You know, this is a great picture! I didn't know you and Louis-senpai were such good friends.”

“Oh, we're not... There was just some stuff that happened that led to that article being made...”

Half true.

“Huh?” Jack raised a brow, turning to look at his best friend, “Uh, well... Louis-san is just amazing so to speak...” he's always causing him so trouble to the point of his courage vanishing into thin air everytime he tried to look at Louis' eyes.