5.

The day after was difficult to say the least. I spent the entire night with Bruno at the river, not letting go of each other. The night was cold, but we didn't care, I stayed cuddled underneath his ruana and I wrapped my coat around him. During the night, I distinctly remember him muttering things in his sleep. Most didn't mean much, but once he said with a worried tone, "don't go." It made my stomach sink to my feet.

We both woke up side by side, my head laying on his chest. I missed listened to his heartbeat.. The way it methodically beat like it was a song. He was my song.

We stayed in silence, huddled against each other with anxiety rattling our bones.

"What are we gonna-" I started.

"[Name], please don't.." He sighed, laying his chin on my head. "I can't think about that right now.."

"..Okay.." I hummed.

I sadly had to part ways once the noon sun blazed down as people began to do their chores and jobs. Bruno and I being no exception.

After a final kiss, we made our way to our homes.

My father was furious at me for going off and not coming home, but I had more important things to worry about.

"Where were you?!" He practically screamed.

"Over by the river, I needed time to think it out and breathe and I guess I fell asleep.." I said, irritated by his tone.

"Don't you start that with me, today is too important. They could come here any minute now! And you need to look your best in case they're here today."

I stood in silence, angry now.

"I have a scheduled dinner with the Madrigals." I said firmly, placing down my bag.

"Wha- Oh no you're not! We have to get ready for the Alvarez, they'll be here soon!" He exclaimed angrily. So that's the family name.. [Name] Alvarez... Doesn't sound amazing, like Madrigal...

"I planned this dinner before you told me about the.. Alvarez.. family. Besides-"

He slammed his fist on the table, shutting me up. "Young lady, disrespect me again and I will make sure you never step a foot into this town again and live far away with Mateo!"

Mateo?

"I can't just leave them in the dust! I-"

"I told you not to get in any contact with the Madrigals and you did anyways! A dinner?! Why?! They're nothing but trouble, especially that Bad Luck Boy!" He yelled.

"Don't you dare call Bruno that! Bruno is the sweetest boy I know! He can't control his visions! You just don't want to lis-"

"I've heard enough! You are not going to any dinner, you are staying here, dressing up in the most beautiful dress you own and you're going to smile for our guests like the good daughter you should be!" He screamed, noses touching. His breathe smelt of wine and nothing more. He must be incredibly stressed to be drinking only wine...

"Go find a dress, and I better see you in it." He hissed, walking to his seat to drink some more.

I nodded and quickly went into my room. I stared at the walls, thinking for a moment while listening for my father.

Should I even go and risk my father getting more angry at me? What if the Alvarez's come today and I can't do anything about the dinner. No, they have a right to know. Especially my given situation.

I shook my head, smoothing down my skirt. Hey.. maybe I can wear the dress to the dinner and the.. proposal.. God, even the word "proposal" makes my body quake.