2

The car came to a halt as they stood in front of a posh hotel. He looked at her, their eyes striking each other's as hers were already on him. His shoulders eased down as he observed that pleasing smile on her face.

"Mishti mai jaaon kya?"

He was just about to leave when she held his wrist. 

"Kahaan Mister?" she smirked.

"Dekh...mai toh yahaan tujhe treat dene se raha, aur tu, is restaurant me 'mujhe' treat dene se rahi..." they both laughed.

"Chalo ab" she pulled him by his wrist.

"Arrey but mai..."

"challoooo Karannnn!" she literally dragged him in.

The extravagant hotel had 17 floors, out of which the terrace was a live music restaurant. With tables for two laid neatly distant enough, it also accompanied spot instruments. People could sing and play them as well, kinda pleasant Sunday outings.

Pressing the 18th button, she nervously fidgeted her fingers, waiting for the lift to quickly drop them to their terminus. 

"Tu kya kar rahi hai mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha...ulta mujhe toh ghar jaane ka mann kar raha hai. Kahan mai ghar mein mast maggie ke saath netflix dekhta...aur kahan ye tu mujhe le aayii..." he muttered, almost incoherent to her.

"Kuch kaha tumne?"

"Uggh, who? Me? Kuch nahi kaha.." he gave a cocky smile.

"Okay.." she nervously tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, eyes fixed anywhere but him.

'Ye itna nervous kyun ho rahi hai, ajeeb baat hai...'

His thoughts were broken when the lift halted at the 8th floor, two men getting in.

In order not to make her uneasy, he stood beside her, grasping her palm in his, as their fingers filled in the gaps between each other.

He could feel her exhale deeply, perhaps renunciating her discomfort. He turned back to have a glimpse at her. She smiled in harmony.

Shortly again the lift stopped at the 14th floor, the two men getting off. Again, silence intervened, getting the air thicker.

'Uggh, jaldi kyun nahi chalti ye lift....uff....mai legit nervous ho rahi hun....' her brain cells pep talked with each other.

The elevator doors parted away, causing the fresh mellow air to enter their lungs. The terrace was heavenly beautiful. Every circular table was covered with white satin cloth, a glass with contrasting white and red roses placed in the centre, aromating the Shangri-la surroundings.

The rims of the circular tables were bordered with laces of fairy lights, bringing a sense of idyll to a person. Almost all the tables were occupied with couples and pairs of twos. Debattama's eyes wandered around for a second, a complimentary smile dancing on her lips as her hold on his wrist constricted, and she pathed the way towards a distinct table.

Nothing was precise about it, except the fact that it had a reserved tag already on it.

"Mishti.."

"Hmm..." her eyes glimmered in positive delight as she turned her noggin to grab a peek at him, who seemed perplexed.

"Ye table toh reserved hai..."

She passed an 'unbelievable' look on his way, loosing the grip of her palm on his wrist.

"Yahan baitho"

"Arey par..."

"Maine kaha na chup chap baith jao!" she warned strictly in a dictatorial tone making him go mum.