Chapter 1

It was bright in the morning, the right side of my bed is warm and soft, It's almost like I wanna sleep in forever, but I can't...Today is Sunday and my aunt and uncle will take me to the cemetery to visit my Mom and Dad. I get out of my bed with very sleepy eyes as I wobble around to my bathroom, I avoid looking at the mirror, not because I think I look like a wreck but because my face reminds me of my Mom.....fuck...

I hate it, I just hate it....Every morning I wake up like this and every morning it hurts. I just can't get over the fact that if they just listened to me then they would still be here..

I was 7 at the time and I kept begging them to not bring liqour to their date, Yes, As a kid I already knew what liqour is and what my dad calls "Bad Juices". I kept crying and wailing, Although I couldn't remember much because I was 7 years old, and it's been 7 years since that happened. But anyway, My mom convinced me that my dad was execellent at driving and it's her that will drink the most...But I still don't believe it.

Now, I wouldn't call my parents 'Alcoholics', but once they were able to get a hold of a bottle in parties or celebrations, there's no turning back until the night is over..

Mom and Dad decided to leave around 10:00 pm and said they'll be back in around an hour or 2, I was scared, really scared as they kissed my forehead goodbye and tucked me in.

I didn't sleep at all, I decided to play with my toys for a while to keep me distracted. Then around 11:34 pm, I heard it, I heard our doorbell ring.

I rushed down the stairs and opened the front door, I was excited as first until I realized that it wasn't my parents who had been ringing it, it was a police officer..

"Uhmm Ma'am, where are your guardians?" He asked

"I don't have other guardians, my parents are out on a date and-" I answered but he cut me off

"Wait..You're saying you live alone with your parents? Oh God how am I gonna ......"
He said as he started murmuring the last part, I didn't completely hear it though.

Then, he took out his phone and asked me if I have other relatives, I said I had my aunt and uncle.

I then showed him their number as my parents left a card with their numbers in it incase of emergencies...turns out it ended up being very useful..

He called them and told them about the recent news...I heard it loud and clear...then...

My reaction....was history.

I can't even continue anymore, i'm not a tough person emotionally and mentally and remembering such events could trigger me...I don't know how..but it just....does.

I head down to meet with my Aunt and Uncle, my Aunt had already prepared breakfast for me, as she always does. I gotta admit her meals are delicious!

And my uncle, sitting beside me, made me coffee, I mean I could have made it myself but I couldn't reject it either, My Uncle can be a bit too kind sometimes..I remember whenever we go out to places, he would always give everything he has in his wallet to beggars on the street, which is why right now, he's in the middle of looking for a job, So that he can get money and give more money..

"Sooo...Stella, Since...Almost every Sunday you seem to be in a gloomy mood whenever we visit your parents, I suggest we change some plans" My Aunt says.

I was in a little shock.....Seriously? I mean yeah sure it is true that my mood isn't getting better every Sunday but that doesn't mean I can't visit my parents anymore because of it.

"What? But we need to mourn for them, We can't leave those grave stones un attended!" I say, my voice was low but in the right time, I would raise it.

"Yes..But we've been 'mourning' for 7 years dear, and your parents probably wouldn't want to be interrupted now..and besides, me and your uncle have moved on, didn't you?"
My aunt responded.