Chapter 2: Them

It's finally the first day of school, I'm getting ready and prepared....I'm not excited for this...but, I'll try to keep myself distracted....I head down to the bathroom to freshen up, Brush my Ginger hair, wash my face...although I still try to avoid looking, So I make it quick.

I put on a green jacket, and a pair of jeans..I also wore a bunch of boots, I never really got the chance to wear them..My aunt gave it to me for my birthday.

I start to pack up my stuff and head downstairs, I'm expecting breakfast from my aunt downstairs as her meals are always so delicious...

But when I head to the kitchen, I don't see anybody there..
I try to look into the fridge when I see a note stuck to it;
You can prepare breakfast for yourself, I'm helping your uncle look for a job, have a good day at school :)
-Your Nana

Great, now i'm stuck here more alone than I already was, I made a simple sandwhich and took off to walk to school, like I said before it wasn't far..

And as I recalled, the once beautiful and peaceful place that I once called a paradise has shattered to a billion pieces when I see the kids literally playing and wrecking stuff...Jesus Christ, and I thought I was gonna be one of the youngest students..

I slowly walk to the inside of the school..even with all these kids, I was able to manage..

I went inside and damn! It's cold in here! The air condition is turned on now unlike before when the temperture was perfect, I guess the staff decided that it's time to turn it on since the amount of kids here are making it a bit hot in the building, So it's understandable. I put on my jacket and continue to walk to the hallway, I recognize where the office is and I head there.

When I arrive, the teacher already told me where my class was, and A guard took me there.

When I enter the room, All I see are different children, either chatting, using their phones, playing with stuff.....I don't know what Stuff but it appears to be a set of cards.

I sit on the back row, there are five lines of chairs each, so I took the middle line, since nobody sits there anyways..

I have literally nothing to do, so I decide to sleep for a while..

As I open my eyes, I see my old house, by the town, I enter the house...There, I saw my younger self, And her- or my parents......
I don't wanna see or know where this is going...
But I can't unsee it, This is a dream, and it's not just a dream...It's a flashback, and i'm re-living it.

I couldn't think of how I can avoid this dream, so far, I couldn't move or go somewhere else, almost like i'm paralyzed.

Then as I feared, I saw the parents go out the door, laughing while the mother was holding the bottle.

I tried to yell at her to stop, to listen to her daughter but I can only hear myself, I couldn't communicate to other people in this dream but myself.

As I thought I was gonna have a relapse, I woke up to someone banging on my table.

"Hey! You got any bucks?"
A Girl asked me, she looked like she was from Asia, I studied a few about it while being home schooled, and...I'm not sure that I'm right, she has Dark long, and straight hair, she has Olive skin, and she has Monolid eyes.

"Uhmm Sorry, I don't. Why do you ask?"
I answer with a subtle tone in my voice.

She shrugged "Oh, that's ok, no problem with me"
And with that, she walked off to other students' tables and asked the same thing.

While others said they don't, others said they do, and what she did to them shocked me.

When they said they have bucks, she asked to have half of it. When they refuse, I can see her grumbling, pushing the person she asked money to, and walked to other tables.