fight

"Do you have a room that I could use?" Avery asked Jace as she walked towards him. Her outfit was covered in blood.

"Yeah- you'd need clothes too, it seems." Jace said, staring at her from top to bottom, "Come on, follow me."

Jace gave her a room and also arranged fresh and new outfits for her. Avery took a bath and then wore the clothes then she went where the boys were.

"Did you kill him?" Sean asked, shoving a grape in his mouth.

Jace was sitting on the kitchen counter, Nigel was standing near the sink with an apple in his hand while Sean was sitting beside Jace, eating grapes.

"Of course I did." Avery replied before asking, "Is there something I could eat? I'm starving."

"There's fruits." Nigel replied, pointing towards the basket full of fruits. The mere sight of the fruits made Avery's hungry again. She quickly took an apple and started eating.

"How old are you?" Sean asked Avery who replied, "Twenty-Two. What about you?"

"Twenty six." Sean replied as he continued to eat his grapes. "You're Avery Lightwood, right?"

"I'm sure you already known the answer to that question of yours." Avery responded.

Before Sean could say anything else, someone interrupted them. A woman who looked like she was around thirty years old entered the kitchen. Her heels clicking on the floor with every step she took.

She finally stopped right in front of Avery and eyed her from top to bottom with a disgusted look on her face.

"Who are you? One of the whores?" She asked Avery, her eyes still on her.

"Who are you? One of the maids?" Avery asked back, smirking.

The woman clenched her jaw in anger. Before she could come up with a comeback, Jace intervened, "What do you want, Angela?"

"It's Angelica." The woman corrected. Jace sighed, "Right — Angelica."

"Everybody has been talking about that bitch that came here earlier. I want to know who she is." Angelica said, her eyes fixed on Avery who was ignoring her and eating her apple quietly.

"That's none of your business." Sean said to Angelica who gave him an annoyed look in response. "I didn't ask you."

"He literally stole the words I was about to tell you." Jace spoke, "Now get out, we are busy here."

Angelica hummed before leaving the kitchen not before shooting a disgusted look at Avery who wasn't even looking at her.

"What a bitch. It's a shame that there's the word 'Angel' in her name." Avery commented.

"Right." Nigel agreed, "If she wasn't the best assassin we have, Jace would've kicked that woman out."

"That woman is the best assassin you guys have? This is some serious problem." Avery stated.

"You should see her fight. She really is great at that." Sean spoke, jumping off the counter. He walked to the sink and filled himself with a glass of water.

"Well, she is great at being ugly too." Avery added as she finished her apple.

"Not as ugly as you." Angelica said— almost shouting as she appeared in front of the kitchen entrance. You think you are better than me?" Angelica asked, still eyeing Avery in disgust.

Avery smirked, "I know I am."

"How about a combat?" Angelica asked, suddenly getting Avery interested in the whole thing.

"You want me to fight you?" Avery asked, raising her brows. Angelica nodded. "Are you in?"

"Sure but here's a thing that you should know — I'm won't stop until you die." Avery said seriously.

Not taking her words seriously, Angelica nodded, "Whatever. In the training ground, in fifteen minutes."
Then she walked away.

Avery turned to the boys. Everyone had an unsure look on their faces except Jace.

"Do you want to die? Break your bones? Lose your arms? Scarred yourself?" Nigel asked at one go.

"What he meant to say is— Are you fucking crazy?!" Sean asked.

"Seriously? Y'all think that— that old woman will beat me?" Avery asked, crossing her arms.

"I'm sure of it." Nigel said, nodding.

"Same." Sean added, agreeing with Nigel.

"Jace? You're the boss — cancel that damn fight! Aren't you worried about Avery?" Nigel asked Jace ,raising his brows.

"It's about Angela that I'm worried about." Jace said with a sigh which made Avery smirked.

'Someone's about to die, today.' Avery said to herself.

"By the way, where's Jackson?" Avery asked Sean who replied, "I've sent some men to go get him. We don't know when they'll be back."