Chapter 35

"motorcycle"

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

"Hello! Seems like you're busy nowadays." His mom said through the call. "Feels like I can hardly reach you anymore."

"Didn't I talk to you not that long ago?" Andrew responded which earned a slight mumble from her.

"Still felt like forever." She spoke as Andrew walked up the street to his house. "Are you ready for your birthday?" She asked her son while smiling thinking about the trip to see him again.

"Yep, about to be a year closer to being eighteen." The boy told the obvious.

"Don't remind me, let's just deal with seventeen first." She said to him which made him softly chuckle. "Talking about your birthday, have you picked up your bike yet?" she asked which made him stop where he was at.

How can he forget about the thing he's been wanting since he was eight?

"By the silence, I'm just gonna take that as a 'no'." She dragged out as he just started to speak.

"I totally forgot. I've just been trying to get back on track with basketball and with the whole-"

Before he could go any further, Angela stopped her rambling son from going on. "It's okay. I can just take the money back from -"

"NO!" Andrew shouted as his mom winced from the other side of the phone. "Sorry, I mean I have nothing to do right now so I can go." He corrected his tone for his parent. "It's still open right?"

"Yeah, you have time."

"Great!" He responded. Hearing something in the background of the call, he decided he should probably end the call. Knowing how she would probably ignore her plans just to talk to him. "Okay mom, I'll let you get back to work."

"Work? Who says I'm at work?"

"The phones ringing off hooks is a giveaway." He replied as she just paused before she let out a sigh. "I'm not trying to get you in trouble."

She tried to cherish every call and text especially since he moved away. She also wanted to make sure to be included in his life when he's away so she kept the promise of checking upon him with a call. Afraid that if she doesn't, he'll end up like his father.

"Okay honey, bye and love you!" She responded as she looked around her office.

"Bye Mom and love you too! Talk to you later." He concluded the call.

As he made his way to the shop, his mom was left wondering when was the next time she would see her son. She wanted to say without a doubt that she would be able to make a trip to Tree Hill but with her work, it was hard to say if she could get time off for his birthday. Even if she didn't Andrew understood if she couldn't. It's not like he would hold a grudge against his mom.